• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Bobro Trijicon IR Hunter and Reap IR scope mounts

BamaSE

Chairborne Squad Commander
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Dothan, Alabama
Hi all, interested in feedback from anyone who has used the Bobro mounts for either the Trijicon Hunter or Reap on a bolt action rifle with traditional type stock......more specifically whether proper eye relief and cheek weld can be obtained. I have done some Google research and the inference is these mounts are designed to utilize these scopes on non-AR rifles, but I have not been able to locate first hand testimony from a real world user.

And more info.....I am contemplating acquiring a Tikka T3x CTR or the new UPR in .308.....FWIW the UPR has an adjustable cheek piece stock. Both have a factory installed picatinney rail for optics so the Bobro can be directly mounted with no modifications. Thinking ahead of whether I could mount my Hunter or Reap with the Bobro and add a little more versatility to either of these rifles beyond a day scope.

Any input is appreciated.

I bought one for my halo lr and immediately returned it, paying the restocking fee was well worth getting rid of it. It did not allow for proper bolt manipulation or solve my problem for proper eye relief.

Reactions: BamaSE
The BoBro works well on an AR platform - as Rfeldhaus stated - on a bolt gun it doesn't allow it enough rearward setup and interferes with the bolt manipulation.

Reactions: BamaSE
Thanks so much for the input guys, disappointed yes, but this is why I asked......appreciate this forum for the tips and in this case saving $$$$ for not having to try and cry.

Reactions: Rfeldhaus
20A75E4E-57DD-4CC8-9581-9D786FFE420B.png
Reviving an old thread. Anyone else have experience with this mount? I just ordered one to put on a bolt gun. I don’t understand the above comment how it did not address eye relief? It sets the scope back quite a bit it appears. The levers on the right side of the mount shows no thinking by Bobro on this one. My worry is that with a 90 degree action these levers will interfere with the bolt. Was that your experience @Rfeldhaus

Just so we are clear this is the mount we are all talking about right?

View attachment 7746032Reviving an old thread. Anyone else have experience with this mount? I just ordered one to put on a bolt gun. I don’t understand the above comment how it did not address eye relief? It sets the scope back quite a bit it appears. The levers on the right side of the mount shows no thinking by Bobro on this one. My worry is that with a 90 degree action these levers will interfere with the bolt. Was that your experience @Rfeldhaus

Just so we are clear this is the mount we are all talking about right?
I ran one for a bit on an Nvision Halo LR mounted on a Q Fix. Worked great, and yes, it does push the scope back for much better eye relief. But the Fix bolt throw is 45 degrees so I cannot provide any input on how it works with a 90 degree throw…..hopefully someone will come along and answer that for you.

Reactions: generalzip
I ran one for a bit on an Nvision Halo LR mounted on a Q Fix. Worked great, and yes, it does push the scope back for much better eye relief. But the Fix bolt throw is 45 degrees so I cannot provide any input on how it works with a 90 degree throw…..hopefully someone will come along and answer that for you.
Appreciate the response. Yea looking to use on a 90 degree action. Worst case I suppose it may work with an AI action. Still why Bobro put the levers on the right side is beyond retarded. Eve very other thermal scope mount they make the levers are on the left side. I’m preparing myself mentally for disappointment on this one.

Reactions: Vitali1342
I tried the bobro over a year ago, not sure if any changes were made. For me it did not solve eye relief and certainly prevented running the bolt with any kind of efficiency on an impact action. If I recall correctly the position of the levers on the right side did not allow any bolt function when locked in close to the eye relief I was looking for.

Reactions: generalzip
Good to know. If that’s the case for me I’ll be sending it back as well and simply abort the idea of running this thermal on a bolt gun

Good to know. If that’s the case for me I’ll be sending it back as well and simply abort the idea of running this thermal on a bolt gun
If you do not yet have the rifle you are planning to put it on…..may try your local firearm dealers to see if they have a Sig Cross to test it on…..it is similar to the Fix but about $2k cheaper. It has a 60 degree throw vs the Fix 45 degree so may work. The adjustable comb plus LOP and AR type top rail are more user friendly than traditional bolt rifles for proper eye relief. Hard to see how it can be done on a typical bolt gun without the scope skyscraping well above the action and thus being able to get a good cheek weld.

I’ve already got the spare impact action and a bartlein 6mm blank on the way to be chambered in 6 creed for longer range (300+ yards) coyotes/pigs

Ive had a couple bobros and traded them off. For an AR they are fine, but for my tikka bolts they were to close to the bolt.

I think the best mount for the trijicon mkiii series is a geiselle super precision vcog mount, or a (discontinued) zrodelta acog mount and one of these ....

Both mounts will move the optic back towards the eye, and the 5.5m spacer will give enough
clearance to cycle the bolt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-134624_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-134624_Chrome.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 62
Ive had a couple bobros and traded them off. For an AR they are fine, but for my tikka bolts they were to close to the bolt.

I think the best mount for the trijicon mkiii series is a geiselle super precision vcog mount, or a (discontinued) zrodelta acog mount and one of these ....

Both mounts will move the optic back towards the eye, and the 5.5m spacer will give enough
clearance to cycle the bolt.
wouldnt the geissele super precision vcog mount do the same thing without the need for the spacer?

The left part of the gssle mount contacts the battery housing of the mkiii. Youll need the spacer..
I actually found a discontinued larue on ebay that im using

I’m also shooting an impact action but in left hand. Wondering if this mount will help clear the battery housings on the bolt for either a trijicon reap ir 60mm type 3 or an nvision xrf??

While not many people may be looking at this thread because it's a bit outdated, I thought I'd post my input considering I was looking for answers and find very few. I bought the Bobro IR Hunter Mount for my Trijicon IR Hunter MKIII despite multiple comments stating proper bolt manipulation and eye relief on a bolt gun would not be possible (I planned to run it solely on my AR because of this). However, after mounting it to a factory Remington 700, I will certainly be using it on bolt guns in the future.

Everything about the R700 is factory (except for a standard length pic rail). While more rear travel would help for proper eye-relief, it's still completely usable for taking shots with or without the rubber eyecup. With the eyepiece, you're going to have to move your head forward to engage the shuttercap, making it a bit awkward. Without the eyepiece, the corners of the screen will be cut off. Either way, a cheek riser will definitely be needed if you want a good cheek weld. I also have no problems running the bolt or obtaining proper bolt manipulation. The bolt is close to touching the rear clamp lever, but sufficiently clears it.

For AR-15s, you're not going to be able to move the mount to the rear most pic rail position because IR Hunter battery compartment will hit your charging handle. Even so, the mount works great in the position I had it in.

I hope this helps anyone looking.
IMG_2741.jpg

While not many people may be looking at this thread because it's a bit outdated, I thought I'd post my input considering I was looking for answers and find very few. I bought the Bobro IR Hunter Mount for my Trijicon IR Hunter MKIII despite multiple comments stating proper bolt manipulation and eye relief on a bolt gun would not be possible (I planned to run it solely on my AR because of this). However, after mounting it to a factory Remington 700, I will certainly be using it on bolt guns in the future.

Everything about the R700 is factory (except for a standard length pic rail). While more rear travel would help for proper eye-relief, it's still completely usable for taking shots with or without the rubber eyecup. With the eyepiece, you're going to have to move your head forward to engage the shuttercap, making it a bit awkward. Without the eyepiece, the corners of the screen will be cut off. Either way, a cheek riser will definitely be needed if you want a good cheek weld. I also have no problems running the bolt or obtaining proper bolt manipulation. The bolt is close to touching the rear clamp lever, but sufficiently clears it.

For AR-15s, you're not going to be able to move the mount to the rear most pic rail position because IR Hunter battery compartment will hit your charging handle. Even so, the mount works great in the position I had it in.

I hope this helps anyone looking.
View attachment 8128769
Could you measure what distance the Bobro moves the scope to the rear compared to the LaRue that it came with? Does it also make it a bit taller? Approximately how much?

Thank you!

Could you measure what distance the Bobro moves the scope to the rear compared to the LaRue that it came with? Does it also make it a bit taller? Approximately how much?

Thank you!
It'll bring it back approximately 2 & 1/4 inch. For reference I measured the part that isn't resting on the pic rail. It'll also raise it slightly, but not enough to make it unusable. You'll need an adjustable cheek rest if you want proper cheek weld.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I ended up buying one but I haven’t gotten around to putting it together yet. Will try to get it done this weekend.

I recently picked up a Tikka CTR and it has the picatinny rail on it but my Trijicon IR hunter 60mm sits too far forward. I am looking at the Bobro IR hunter mount or this one from Larue tactical

What worries me is the releases on these being on the right and it interfering with the bolt

If anybody has any insight or another option it’s sure appreciated