• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Body armor recommendations...

241A4132-3EA8-4B21-89AF-25A5A93F512C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Get HESCO 210's. You don't need IV's unless your going to war. Is everyone worried about getting shot multiple time with a 30-06 API? Just get something that will stop SS109 and AK and call it good. Do you really need multi hit capability from a 30-06?

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Get HESCO 210's. You don't need IV's unless your going to war. Is everyone worried about getting shot multiple time with a 30-06 API? Just get something that will stop SS109 and AK and call it good. Do you really need multi hit capability from a 30-06?
Do the 210’s handle m855?

The point of BA is to not have an immediate kill impact on your vitals. While yes you can die from an abdominal wound, in most cases that won't kill you instantly. The point of BA is to be able to stay in the fight long enough to win the fight or get to safety where you can get medical attention if you need it.
That is the point in a first world nation close to trauma centers or a military environment where you have assets and care who can respond.

There are ALOT of scenerios where getting hit outside of the plates will be fatal. Everyone needs to evaluate their needs and risks and make decisions based on that.

I used to outfit Federal LE officers who would routinely be 3-4 hours from the nearest responder BEST case scenario. That's assuming they actually have working coms and can call for help. A 9mm round to the side or bellow the plate could very well be fatal by the time they get to advanced care.

L210's stop M885, U210 Stop M885A1.

U210 is multicurve, is lighter can can be had in XL SAPI size and has better protection. It can also stop M80 Ball, but its outside backface deformation specs to be considered true M80 ball resistance. Point is you will probably live vs getting zaped with a lessor plate.

You are ALOT more likely to come into contact with people carrying M885A1 in the near future than 7.62 AP which is what a Lvl 4 is for.

Find a way to spring for the U210.

Reactions: Steel head
Is the U210 that much better than the 3810? Does that 1/3" thickness and a little more protection not benefit you?

All I can say is the 3810 multi curves are extremely easy and comfortable to wear compared to the 4401 single curve. Not sure what the difference is between the 3810s and the U210s.

Reactions: superde
That is the point in a first world nation close to trauma centers or a military environment where you have assets and care who can respond.

There are ALOT of scenerios where getting hit outside of the plates will be fatal. Everyone needs to evaluate their needs and risks and make decisions based on that.

I used to outfit Federal LE officers who would routinely be 3-4 hours from the nearest responder BEST case scenario. That's assuming they actually have working coms and can call for help. A 9mm round to the side or bellow the plate could very well be fatal by the time they get to advanced care.
So you agree with the statement. Body armor is to protect vital organs. Its not some wonder barrier to protect everything. And we both agree, as per my statement that while gut shots and the like can be fatal, they most likely won't be instant kill shots.

Or am I misreading here? I feel like we said the same thing.

So you agree with the statement. Body armor is to protect vital organs. Its not some wonder barrier to protect everything. And we both agree, as per my statement that while gut shots and the like can be fatal, they most likely won't be instant kill shots.

Or am I misreading here? I feel like we said the same thing.
No its a sliding scale of compromises and risk tollerance.

The point of rifle plates is to protect a few vital organs that are almost always fatal when hit with a rifle. Soft armor covers a much larger area as all your orgsns are vital, you have blood vessels and arteries that will kill you if you get it.

You obviously cant wear 500 lbs of armor and opperate.

At the same time , running minimalist gear is fucking retarded unless you have a handfull of SOCM medics and docs on your team, assets of the us millitary, and advanced care. You will see Most SWAT teams use heavy, maximum coverage armor despite being able to pick where they fight, having medics on site and assets to get them to trauam centers fast.

For you me or anyone else we have a different risk profile and expectation of care. For some that live out in bum fuck egypt, a wound could be fatal that would be easily survivable in a major metro.

The point of body armor is to keep you alive. You need to think about the logistics and realistic scenerios , make body armor choices based on that.

Many of men wearing wiz bang plate carriers have still died to upper body hits even with great advaced imediate care. They need to be able to manuever with lots of gear which is probally differant than a civilian in a defensive sitiation.

No its a sliding scale of compromises and risk tollerance.

The point of rifle plates is to protect a few vital organs that are almost always fatal when hit with a rifle. Soft armor covers a much larger area as all your orgsns are vital, you have blood vessels and arteries that will kill you if you get it.

You obviously cant wear 500 lbs of armor and opperate.

At the same time , running minimalist gear is fucking retarded unless you have a handfull of SOCM medics and docs on your team, assets of the us millitary, and advanced care. You will see Most SWAT teams use heavy, maximum coverage armor despite being able to pick where they fight, having medics on site and assets to get them to trauam centers fast.

For you me or anyone else we have a different risk profile and expectation of care. For some that live out in bum fuck egypt, a wound could be fatal that would be easily survivable in a major metro.

The point of body armor is to keep you alive. You need to think about the logistics and realistic scenerios , make body armor choices based on that.

Many of men wearing wiz bang plate carriers have still died to upper body hits even with great advaced imediate care. They need to be able to manuever with lots of gear which is probally differant than a civilian in a defensive sitiation.
I dont know if there is some disconnect here but you are saying the same thing I am. Maybe I am wrong or drunk or tired.

Arms Depot did a test on an L210 they showed some info on today, apparently it stopped 5rds M855a1 and 5rds of 5.45x39, but didn't stop 168gr .308. Not at all how I thought that would go.

Arms Depot did a test on an L210 they showed some info on today, apparently it stopped 5rds M855a1 and 5rds of 5.45x39, but didn't stop 168gr .308. Not at all how I thought that would go.
Have a link to that as google isn't turning up anything?

Finally ordered Hesco 4400 muliti curve level IV. Now in a few months when my JPC 2.0 and they show up it will be like a surprise since the time will have me forget about it lol

Overwhelming info here, generally the consensus is Hesco 3810's or L210's (U210's if money aint a problem)
1. So lifespan shouldn't be a big issue unless abused,left in heat, etc.
2. Most shooter cuts will give ya a little better buttstock in shoulder fit?
3. The III+ is gonna protect from the most common threats?
4. Multicurve also most comfortable for the back plate also?
5. Back plate in a SAPI cut or shooter cut make a difference in comfort or mobility?
I'm sure I'm gonna think of something else later

Last edited: