• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BODY TRANSFORMATION

TXBRASS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2009
Shiner, TEXAS
8monthprogress.jpg

This past summer, two things happened:

1.) My 4 year old boy said, "Daddy, You sure are fat!"

and

2.) I caught my wife of 8 years having an affair.

These two events got me back into the gym and serious about diet and exercise. I was big into powerlifting in HS and college, but pretty much went cold turkey when I got into LEO work at the age of 20. I got custody of my 3 and 4 year old and being a single dad and a cop I had NO time for the gym. I traded a guy a S&W 686 revolver for about $1,500.00 worth of weight equipment and turned my living room into a weight room. Combined heavy weight training with P90X and instead of turning to beer to relieve my stress, i hit the weights every time I got stressed or upset or down. I lost 70 pounds and put on some good muscle. Benching more that I did in college....Hit 375 the other day without any equipment besides a belt. I'm 31 years old and feel better than I did at 21!

For all You dad's that are going thru what I have, there is hope: I got custody of my kids, the car, the house, the 20 acres, and she got ALL the debt! I get child support and I still have my kids, home, guns, land, and shooting range!!!!! GOD BLESS TEXAS and a GOOD LAWYER!

The first month about killed me and the diet was MUCH harder than the workouts, but it gets easier after that!

Re: BODY TRANSFORMATION

Outstanding work man , you have much to be proud of and thankfull for.

Looks like you did a great job with your transformation being able to lose 70lbs+ of fat and add some muscle is no easy feat especialy in less than a year!! most people don't realize what that takes , but those who do know you have been busting your ass both in the gym and the kitchen!!!

Glad to hear that everything wnet you way with the divorce , thats rare these days even when the circumstances go your way.

Keep up the good work

Wow....

Good job!

Share your diet plan with the rest of us fatties!!!

I plan on starting back on P90x soon, I'm working a lot now, but that actually makes it easier for me to work out since I'm in a fire station for 48 hours with less distractions than at home with the family.

DIET:

I begin every morning with a huge protein shake:

16 oz skim milk
1 scoop whey protein
1 scoop beef protein
1/2 scoop plasma protein
5 egg whites and 1 whole egg
2 TBSP creamy peanut butter
1 bananna
7 grams creatine
7 grams glutamine
7 grams fiber

then I eat 3 more protein/carb meals in a day which can be any of the following: LOVE MY GEOPRGE FOREMAN GRILL!

CHICKEN BREAST WRAPPED IN WHOLE WEAT TORTILLA

CHICKEN AND RICE

3/4 POUND LEAN BEEF BURGER ON WHOLE WEAT BUN

SUBWAY DOUBLE CHICKEN BREAST SUB ON 6" WHOLE WHEAT BRED

GRILLED TALAPIA WRAPPED IN WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLA

GRILLED FLANK STEAK IN WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLA

STEAK AND EGGS IN WHOLE WHAET TORTILLA

I again have the same shake I have in the morning after my weight workout twice a week.

That's awesome man! I would add that instead of a body transformation you went through an entire life transformation for the good and came out on top!

Well done, not just a body transformation there but one of the mind too.

U transformed your body and your life
Congrats//

Congrat's!!! Planning on starting P90X myself before long. Hope I can get the motivation and commitment to do what you've done.

Helluva transformation...

Congrats on the divorce results. Not very often the Husband/Father comes out on top in a divorce.

Nice work! With that kind of commitment and dedication I predict that even more meanigful achievements in other areas of your life are still ahead.

Kinda weird.....before the divorce began (and I was heavy) I would shoot at the house every week at least one session of 20-40 rounds. Over the last 6 months I shot very little other than mandatory quals for the Dept. Got back on my normal training cycle here lately and my quals and shooting has improved noticeably...I can tell my breathing is better and shot is steadier....I attribute it to better cardio and muscular fitness....

I have the P90X dvds. Don't know what I would do if I lost 40 or so lbs. Great job on losing the weight. I have been working out pretty hard in my garage for the past yr but I don't do near as much cardio as I should. Keep it up.

Great to read!!!

Congrats, I know it took commitment, determination, and a total life change. It's amazing how our children's comments can make us face up to reality, if, we take time to hear them.

God Bless,
David B.

Good for you. You must feel a lot better with 70 less pounds to hump around.
Great job

Good job TXBrass. I turned to the gym when I caught on to my ex's affairs. Got in the best strength period of my life and channeled the stress into health. It teaches your kids a much healthier lifestyle than alcohol and whining

Congradulations man! Thats a great transformation! Sorry to hear about the ex wife, but your better without her if she can treat someone like that. Anyways, great muscle gains!