• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt Action for $2500 Max?

I'm on my 2nd MPA PMR, 1st one was an MPA Pro in 6.5 CM and the newest is a MPA PMR Pro II in 6BR. Both have EC Tuners. I have been very satisfied in both rifles and they both shoot better than the shooter :) The customer service has been great. Also, there's a reason so many PRS matches are won by shooters with MPA rigs... Just MHO!

Thanks! MPA seems like a good option out of the many good options that have been offered in this thread. They have been consistently recommended.

I was in your exact same position about 18 months ago. After a couple months of research I settled on the Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 CM and couldn't be happier with my decision.

With the correct match grade ammunition I am comfortably hitting 12 X 12 inch steel consistently out to 1600 meters.

Only real upgrade I did was a Timmney trigger. There was nothing wrong with the stock trigger but the upgrade definitely lead to more consistent groupings.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! That’s a long way out. I noticed Ruger was offering standard RPR models and then a bit more expensive version coming from their custom shop. May I ask which version you have?