• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bolt Gun Value (Pictures)

kmc0929

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
North Carolina
Not trying to start up an auction here nor is this a cleaver way at selling this rifle - that said, I need some help with a real world sale price for my bolt gun. I've decided it just makes more sense to go with a 7.62 AR platform or even SCAR; something lighter smaller etc - since I rarely make it out to over 500YDS.

The rifle is hard to put a value on because it's not really a factory type item. The gun was blueprinted, a Schneider 24" USMC barrel installed, Sako extractor, Badger lug, badge bottom, badger rail, timney trigger - the whole thing was cerakoted black. The stock is a MCM A4 and it was bedded properly.

I literally have no clue where to start. If I took all the money I spent on it and added it up, it would be too high and it would never sell. Any real world estimates? Better to sell the whole thing as a package with the optics or split it up?

xdyv41.jpg

21euu61.jpg

Who built it (did the rebarreling job, bedding, etc.)? Round count? Overall condition of the rifle in terms of any blems or other "issues" not obvious in the pics? Accuracy achieved and with what ammo on average? Etc., etc., etc. With what you have posted now...its just hard to tell.

That addt'l info should help in getting you at least a better ballpark range.

Aside from that info...a "best guess" range assuming great condition, etc., would be to take your total cost in the rifle and take ~75% of that as a rough starting price.

Just some food for thought...good luck either way!

The farthest I have really been able to shoot it was 800yds, and that was at a steel silhouette target, it hit the target every time. Farthest paper I have shot was 100yds at which all the rounds either touch or are in the same hole. It has 300 rounds of FGMM shot through it, the work was done by ann excellent local rifle builder, it is in close to perfect condition with a few small marks on the bolt knob.