• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Books on modern day societal downfalls

Sgtsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Usa
Hoping you guys might be able to guide me to good reads on the ablove subject and how individuals survived the hyperinflation, riots, food shortages and the like when a country goes down. Thought there was one about Argentina but I can't find. Lots of survival books out there but I want one that brings it home from an individual view.

Here's a good start. ;)

1612888036143.png

I don't remember the exact title, somebody her had provided a PDF link... Maybe they will chime in. This was back on the old site ... can't find the link anymore

Tabernacle-( I don't think that's right word.) "A sociological study on the behavioral modification of man."

It talks about globalist, Illuminati, religion. It would be a good read to connect the dots on what's going wrong not only with this country but the planet

I don't remember the exact title, somebody her had provided a PDF link... Maybe they will chime in. This was back on the old site ... can't find the link anymore

Tabernacle-( I don't think that's right word.) "A sociological study on the behavioral modification of man."

It talks about globalist, Illuminati, religion. It would be a good read to connect the dots on what's going wrong not only with this country but the planet
Thanks for trying. Not looking to the Bible or survivalist stuff. Just how ma and pa made it thru bad times due to economic and government collapse. Elites of the world are flexing the muscle at this time though.

Thanks for trying. Not looking to the Bible or survivalist stuff. Just how ma and pa made it thru bad times due to economic and government collapse. Elites of the world are flexing the muscle at this time though.
AKA, not looking for the answer, I just want to read stuff that makes me feel good...

Reactions: Edgecrusher
The Circle by Dave Eggers. Not so much about the downfall of society but about social media culture.

Reactions: rady
"This time is Different, eight centuries of Financial Folly"
by Carmen M. Reinhart and Kenneth S. Rogoff
Princeton University Press

The history of financial crisis.

The authors look at how and why countries have going bankrupt or defaulted on their obligations in other ways, throughout history

The most scary message from this book is how often this has happened throughout history even in presumably stable economies.

Last edited:
Reactions: rady
CS Lewis,

QUARANTINE DANGERS
(CS Lewis wrote this nearly 70 years ago
but could have been written today.)

One young devil asked the old man, "How did you manage to bring so many souls to hell?"
The old devil answered, "I instilled fear in them!"
Answers the youngster, "Great job! And what were they afraid of? Wars? Hunger?"
Answers the man, "No, they were afraid of the disease!"
For this youngster, "Does this mean they didn't get sick? Are they not dead? There was no rescue for them?"
The old man answered, "But no . . . they got sick, died, and the rescue was there."
The young devil, surprised, answered, "Then I don't understand."
The old man answered, "You know they believed the only thing they have to keep at any cost is their lives.
They stopped hugging, greeting each other.
They've moved away from each other.
They gave up all social contacts and everything that was human!
Later they ran out of money, lost their jobs, but that was their choice because they were afraid for their lives. That's why they quit their jobs without even having bread.
They believed blindly everything they heard and read in the papers.
They gave up their freedoms.
They didn't leave their own homes literally anywhere.
They stopped visiting family and friends.
The world turned into such a concentration camp, without forcing them into captivity.
They accepted everything!!! Just to live at least one more miserable day."
"And so living, they died every day!!! And that's how it was very easy for me to take their miserable souls to hell....."
C.S. Lewis
"Old Devil's Letters To Young"

Hoping you guys might be able to guide me to good reads on the ablove subject and how individuals survived the hyperinflation, riots, food shortages and the like when a country goes down. Thought there was one about Argentina but I can't find. Lots of survival books out there but I want one that brings it home from an individual view.
This is a good one ... might not be as popular on this particular venue, but I found it to be a compelling read.

Almost forgot an excellent book:

The Dictator’s Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics

CS Lewis,

QUARANTINE DANGERS

One young devil asked the old man, "How did you manage to bring so many souls to hell?"
For this youngster, "Does this mean they didn't get sick? Are they not dead? There was no rescue for them?"
The old man answered, "But no . . . they got sick, died, and the rescue was there."
The old man answered, "You know they believed the only thing they have to keep at any cost is their lives.
Later they ran out of money, lost their jobs, but that was their choice because they were afraid for their lives. That's why they quit their jobs without even having bread.
The world turned into such a concentration camp, without forcing them into captivity.
"And so living, they died every day!!! And that's how it was very easy for me to take their miserable souls to hell....."
C.S. Lewis
Great story and it really hits home for today. Always like to know how these guys gain the insight.

"This time is Different, eight centuries of Financial Folly"
by Carmen M. Reinhart and Kenneth S. Rogoff
Princeton University Press

The history of financial crisis.

The authors look at how and why countries have going bankrupt or defaulted on their obligations in other ways, throughout history

The most scary message from this book is how often this has happened throughout history even in presumably stable economies.
Waaaay over my head, but thanks. Ivy league stuff makes the worst kind of coloring books.

Reactions: Kalthoff
While not specifically dealing with hyperinflation...
I second the reference to Unintended Consequences. Its really hard to find a copy though (at least has been for a while). -edit I guess its now easier to find:
Unintended Consequences (freedomsphoenix.com)
Unintended Consequences: John Ross, T. J. Mullin: 9781888118049: Amazon.com: Books
-when I tried it was out of print and $150/copy...

I liked the Matthew Braken books as well. Enemies Foreign and Domestic
Patriots is interesting. Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse: Rawles, James Wesley, Hill, Dick: 9781469235639: Amazon.com: Books
I kind of like the Genre, so most of my references are like this - particularly fantasy / near term sci-fi etc.

Not modern as it takes place in the 1600's, it was written in 1910. The content deals with chaos, civil war, abuse of power, moral crisis and perseverance. ALL subjects with relevance today.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
It's not a Biblical thing. If somebody can provide the proper link oh, you'll see exactly why our country is in the condition that it is. Unfortunately it requires critical thinking skills that just aren't taught anymore

"The Parasitic Mind" by Gad Saad gives insight into the "progressive" mind, and how people are being institutionally poisoned mentally at universities and colleges.

Reactions: Just Macca
CS Lewis,

QUARANTINE DANGERS

C.S. Lewis
This is not from C.S. Lewis, this is made up.

Reactions: Guthwine
The wife is currently in the middle of ‘How the Specter of Communism is Ruling Our World’

I’ll probably start it when I get back from Tampa next week.

Reactions: Sgtsideways

Here is a good read about the societal downfall after a EMP strike on the U.S. It’s fiction but a lot of it rings true and makes the reader start to realize and think about problems that would arise that the reader would normally not consider.

Wife says that this is a great read. Now I gotta find it.

Selcos book. Written from Argentina's financial crash, survivor perspective, true story.

Ferfal is pretty good too.

Alas Babylon

Lucifer's Hammer.

Jack Hinsons war

Bushwacker

All pertinent in their own way.

Reactions: Sgtsideways
I don't give Bezos any more of my money. But I do use the Amazon app to find shit, put it in my cart as a very convenient list, and then buy it all elsewhere. Here are a few I found.
Screenshot_20210214-124714.png

Alongside Night by J Neil Schulman

Or any book you can find about agorism or trading on black markets

How about helpful books? Things for or about self sufficient living?

Foxfire books
StockingUp (Rodale Press)
Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game

Reactions: The D