• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft boot repair merrel pvc boots

jayd4wg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2009
Steel City
My merrel boots started leaking on me today and I realized the pvc uppers are separating from the soles. I want to patch with plastic epoxy but I am concerned with cracking as the boot flexed. What can I add to the loktite plastic epoxy to aid with flexion?

Re: boot repair merrel pvc boots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JasonB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My merrel boots started leaking on me today and I realized the pvc uppers are separating from the soles. I want to patch with plastic epoxy but I am concerned with cracking as the boot flexed. What can I add to the loktite plastic epoxy to aid with flexion? </div></div>

LOL
Glad I am not the only cheap skate around!
I used Gorilla Glue to patch some Wolverines. I don't recommend that.
Shoo Goo is the way to go.

Re: boot repair merrel pvc boots

so goo will get the nod. this one isn't about being cheap at this point...the boots are damn comfy. last year i replaced the merrell insoles with a gel sole and a felt liner...they are a few years old and the felt helped with heat retention ALOT. i thought maybe the reason they failed was due to the increased depth of the insoles but in all honesty, i'm all of 1mm total delta in thickness.

i'll grab some goo tomorrow and give it a whirl. as long as the goo adheres to the PVC i'm a happy camper.