• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Borden Alpine Custom 260 - Initial sight in target

6.5BR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2007
LA
Using NEW RP brass, the ONLY thing done was chamfer primer pockets, did not even size necks. Did not weight sort brass, etc.

Dropped IMR4350 and 140 Sierra MK HP, below are 2 targets during initial sight in. I shot 140 Corelokts to get on paper, had a 3 shot group under 1", never thought those bullets produced great accuracy. Another group did have 2 of 3 in one hole.

100 yds, using 10x, Non-AO VX3 (did have a small amount of parallax), slight breeze. No caffeine but my heartbeat was apparent. Also, each group was out of a clean bbl w/o a fouler.

2 groups shot using 140 SMK did about .61 and .55 so I am pleased given I have only fired 13 rounds out of the gun.

I think there is much more accuracy to be once formed to the chamber, yet I am going to use some WW 7/08 brass and Nosler brass, and once formed to this gun, using weighed charges, I feel the gun will shoot .2-.4 consistently. I am pleased.

Borden260initialsightin002.jpg

Borden260initialsightin001.jpg

Re: Borden Alpine Custom 260 - Initial sight in target

WOW, that seems ludicrous, shot all my life, and if a gun is accurate, it shoots 3 just fine, and only gives 60% wear on bbl, component cost, allows MORE groups over time, for bbl cooling, but whatever your forum moderator wants to do is their business.

Yeah they are a little picky over here. Sounds like a good shooter. I'll head over to the 'fire to see. My Borden .280 AI should be here in a week or two.

There is a very good reason for the "group shot policy". Waaaay too many idiots selling rifles here that said the rifle shot 1/4 moa all day long and didn't mention that the groups were ONE 3 shot group or the'd pick the best 3 groups from 50 groups that they shot. 3 shot groups are fine for hunting rifles, but 5 shot or better yet 10 shot groups tell much more about how a rifle shoots once a bbl heats up a bit. Furthermore..I've never been to any kind of match where only a 3 shot group was fired. If i remember correctly...when I was in the military, 10 shot test groups were the norm and whatever group size fired with 10 rounds dictated wether the rifle was 1 moa or 2 moa etc...

1) Rifle not for sale
2) I don't shoot matches
3) Who confirms groups on the rifles advertised? Notary Public?

Why are you being an ass about the group policy?

If you'd READ the link that Mike posted,i guess you'd see the reasoning behind it.......

Stating my thoughts on it, seems like censorship to me, but whatever rules you want is your business.

On that last comment, think about it, a guy can post a group, say it was shot at a given range, and who is there to confirm it? I simply posted results as requested when pics of my new rifle were posted, not to advertise a rifle for sale.

In the meantime I have some loads w/Noz brass, weighed powder and 140 amax to go try out.

Have a nice day.

Someone needs to figure out if the "group shot policy" is to be adhered to or not. Is it a guideline or a rule ?

First link below shows even THE moderator recognises most don't follow the rule:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...334#Post2004334

The second post shows a range report that doesn't pass the Group Shot Policy because the entire target picture isn't shown but i think we'll all agree it is a a great post.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...625#Post2004625

My personal view is if it appears to be a value-added range report then great. If not, then I'll tell it how it is but i won't hide behind rules or policy.

Here's the deal. If you feel like it's "censorship" then tough. It is at Lowlight's discretion as to whether or not he wants to allow exceptions. This is HIS site. The rules are the rules however they are at the sole consideration of the administration.

The group shot policy was instituted for a reason; a reason for which the owner of this site thought was valid. This is not a "public" site that you can do or say what you want. This is a private forum with rules that we ask you to abide by.

And who checks or verifies it? It's a little thing we like to call "integrity".