• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore lapping rounds

clrems77

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Orange County Ca
Anyone have info on doing this? Would be on my hunting rifle, Remington Sendero in 300WM not on my match barrels.

Thanks

I have done the Tubbs system on two factory barrels with positive results. The majority of the pay off is in how much cleaner the barrels stay. Wouldn't do it to a custom barrel but wouldn't hesitate with factory barrels.

Ryan

I had really good luck with final finish on my sps tactical in 223. It made it much easier to clean and it goes longer between cleanings before accuracy suffers.

I ran the tubbs system through a Savage Lady Hunter. The rifle came dirty as anything I have seen from the factory. Made it much easier to keep clean. It worked well for the rifle.

The tubbs system really works well on factory barrels, I have had great luck with it on multiple guns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a before ten shot group.

Here is the after group. This rifle had a really rough bore. The final finish process dramatically reduced cooper fouling, and seems to have helped accuracy as well. Rifle is a remington 700 SPS. Same batch of hand loads for each group but the after group was shot about a week after the first. As others have said this process may help a factory barrel but I wouldn't use it on a nice custom barrel.