• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bore scope Recommendations

or the updated one with fancier IPS screen:

and mirror kit if needed for larger bores:

Reactions: Baron23
I recommend that unless you wanna stay up at night worrying, and spend lots of money, you shouldn’t buy one. :D

I need one for a couple barrel blanks I've had in storage. Need to see if there's any rust in the bore before they're chambered. As for a barrel already on a rifle... if it shoots great, I don't care what the bore looks like

Teslong rigid and fuck the inevitable know it’s all wits that tell you to never buy one.

Quite handy to see carbon rings, results of cleaning, looking in your suppressor to eval carbon build up. Its not a lot of money and having one does not automatically make you a nervous Nellie whining about things in a barrel that shoots great.

Teslong rigid and fuck the inevitable know it’s all wits that tell you to never buy one.

Quite handy to see carbon rings, results of cleaning, looking in your suppressor to eval carbon build up. Its not a lot of money and having one does not automatically make you a nervous Nellie whining about things in a barrel that shoots great.
This advice is spot on. I love my Teslong. It does the opposite of creating anxiety. Before I had one, I would second guess my cleaning methods. Now, after seeing the carbon completely removed I put the rifle away in the safe and rest knowing it’s ready for any comp.

Teslong Rigid.

Photos are from a Remington Model 700 BDL in 7mm Rem. Mag. made in '75, with 1064 rounds through the bore.

I swore the bore was spotless from carbon or copper. Quite a surprise.

The photos are Before and After, removing years of copper.

Attachments

• WIN_20210108_13_21_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210108_13_21_26_Pro.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 39
  • WIN_20210111_19_17_58_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210111_19_17_58_Pro.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I need one for a couple barrel blanks I've had in storage. Need to see if there's any rust in the bore before they're chambered. As for a barrel already on a rifle... if it shoots great, I don't care what the bore looks like
I don't really care one way or the other if you buy one, I just wanted the uptight folks to remind us they're uptight. No disappointments.

• Haha
Yeah, I'm not spending hundreds on one. Just need to see if there's rust in a barrel. Barrel blank is $400. So if a bore scope is more than that, it's silly when I can just buy a new barrel for less.

Any cheap 17cal bore scopes? What about a bit smaller units for .20 cal?

This Teslong is .20 cal, but according to reviews on Amazon it seems a bit iffy when doing .20 cal.