• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boretech Bolt Action Cleaning Kit

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Anyone used this, how do you like it? I’ve got another from a well known manufacturer I haven’t been all that impressed with, considering getting the boretech.

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
I've been using one for about 3 months now. It is the single most amazing cleaning tool/kit I own. One wet patch, two dry and my action is sparkling clean every time. This is also being done post PRS matches so you know my action is pretty nasty to start with.

I've got the Boretech action cleaning kit for 2 lug actions and it works great. Because the rubber wiper is flexible, cleans 3 lug actions just as well. Like the previous post, one patch wet (I use Boretech Carbon Remover), and two dry patches and the lug recesses of your action are clean. Because it uses regular patches, you don't have to keep buying special mops or other attachments.

I think I need this. Haven’t found a good way to tackle that area yet. Got a Dewey kit that was suppose to handle it and it doesn’t do a very good job.

Reactions: USMC22
Changed
I think I need this. Haven’t found a good way to tackle that area yet. Got a Dewey kit that was suppose to handle it and it doesn’t do a very good job.
Changed my world, you definitely need this 😁

Reactions: USMC22
+1

Great tools, solvents, cleaners! I’ve switched everything in my arsenal over to them.

Anyone have trouble with the rubber wiper getting stuck on the way out? I think it is catching on the Origin's mechanical ejector. Thinking about snipping a bit out of the wiper.

My FN SPR and Nucleus have fixed mechanical ejectors, and my Boretech wiper doesn't get caught on them, it flexes and goes right past the ejector.

I'm going to have to get this. It's in my cart at Brownells.

I bought one due to this thread. It was laughable how much came out on my first wet patch.

Never heard of this product before. Thanks for this thread, just bought it today. Can’t wait to try it

I had one of these but it didn’t fit very well in my actions. Impact was very tight and I was unable to fit it in my Curtis axiom. So I guess trim the head?

Works great in my Impact 737r, just the right amount of tension on the rubber piece against the action to know you’re getting a thorough clean.

I had one of these but it didn’t fit very well in my actions. Impact was very tight and I was unable to fit it in my Curtis axiom. So I guess trim the head?
They have a couple different sized rubber cleaners. Give them a call. Their tech guys are great to work with.

Works great in my Impact 737r, just the right amount of tension on the rubber piece against the action to know you’re getting a thorough clean.
They have a couple different sized rubber cleaners. Give them a call. Their tech guys are great to work with.
Will do. Lately I've been using a AR10 chamber mop and that's been working pretty well but I'll give this another shot.

What size did you input / end up getting? I’ve got a 737r and will be ordering soon.

I used whatever came with the set from Brownells. Didn't see any size differences, but the one that was included worked perfect.

I'll have to double check my measurements and give them a call Monday. I know for my axiom I'm going to have to get their universal and cut it down with a coke blade.

Bore Tech was at the precision rifle expo last year. I missed their cleaning and care clinic, but grabbed a 1x use discount code card from their booth.

I was using the dental sponge tool, however the Bore Tech action cleaning tool is way better in my opinion.

So how does this stack up against the dewey action/ bolt lug cleaning kit? Main difference is that the bore tech uses patches vs cigarette roll looking things.

So how does this stack up against the dewey action/ bolt lug cleaning kit? Main difference is that the bore tech uses patches vs cigarette roll looking things.
I've used both and feel the boretech does a much better job. It has better coverage to clean the entire action of contaminants, and does a similar job as the dewey on the lugs.

This tool works like a champ. I had something stuck in the lug recess area to the point where I couldn't close the bolt. Dirt or brass sliver? I don't know. Air compressor wouldn't get it out.

Luckily I had this on order and it showed up the next day after this happened. Put some Hoppe's on one of the supplied patches and cleaned it out. I can't believe how dirty it was in there! Whatever it was came out after using this setup. I honestly don't think I would've gotten it out without this. I highly recommend this product.