• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boston Marathon Explosion

Hi CypressJeff,

Let's not confuse "right wing extremist" with "gun nut." I, for example, am a certifiable and certified member of the latter group, but in no way belong to the former. When these guys talk about right-wing extremists, I rather suspect they have in mind the Aryan Brotherhood, the Aryan Nation, the All-White People's Aryan Resistance Extreme Knitting Committee, et cetera, not ordinary gun nuts like us.

From what I've seen of it, it does look like something some of the radical right-wing fringe groups might try, but I still more suspect Al Qaeda; the whorish attention-grabbing efforts behind it just seem indicative of them.

-David

David, Good point! My thoughts didn't go all the way over to the extreme side I guess.

Prayers and condolences, and utter condemnation of the perpetrators, whomever they turn out to be. Bombs and cowardly attacks on the innocent are the work of demented terrorist animals.

It's too soon to consider consequences, and speculation serves little purpose. What will happen will happen; I believe we need to keep calm heads and hearts while more solid info becomes available.

The pursuit of liberty is a marathon | Fox News

Greg

Last edited:
My wife & children were there with their cousins. Luckily no one was hurt. The 7 year old twins however saw way more than a 7 year old should. They are still very shaken up.

I have laid awake in bed at night wondering when this shit would show up. It's here. Fuckers.

My wife & children were there with their cousins. Luckily no one was hurt. The 7 year old twins however saw way more than a 7 year old should. They are still very shaken up.

I have laid awake in bed at night wondering when this shit would show up. It's here. Fuckers.

My best for the twins...life as we now know it catches up to kids quickly these days...we'll be praying for them and the society that surrounds them...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Damn, no unexploded devices found is the latest news. Time to look at lots of video from the scene, and find the guy that walked in with a backpack, and walked out with none...

Thanks. I just learned a friend was running the race & her sister was waiting at the finish line for her. She has lost both legs below the knees. Terrible.

This makes me sick with anger.

No reports that it was a suicide/homicide bomber, so an unattended package must have been left. Initial reports are they were in the trashcans. We are going to have to be more vigilant as people going about our daily lives. I know some of us are already, others must become more so. Backpacks or packages unattended, somebody dumping something large in a can at a big public event, guy in an overcoat when it is warm outside, must cause people to notice and react. People must participate in their own security. We can't prevent everything, but people taking ownership of security where they are can, in at least some cases, reduce casualties. We need to be more observant. Not paranoid, but observant. The Israelis are fairly good at this, in many instances public awareness has mitigated the effects of an attack. There are times when we everyone will focus on potential danger, like when crossing the street. At large gatherings we need to adopt some of that focus. Sad commentary on the world perhaps, but ignoring facts doesn't change them.

The worst part after the deaths and injuries, is that these attacks cause overreaction on the part of government and then the terrorists get the double satisfaction of reducing our security and our freedoms. It is unfair to place the total burden of our public safety on law enforcement alone, and we dont want to live in a country with law enforcement large and pervasive enough to have a chance of providing that sort of security anyway. It is everyone's personal responsibility to provide security for themselves as much as they can.

I have been concerned for a long time that Islamic fanatics would switch to a lower tech, smaller, more localized approach to terrorism. Such small scale attacks are much harder to stop than the more complicated large plots that provide the big show they crave. Hopefully this doesn't indicate such a shift in strategy.

Here is a link to an interesting analysis by DHS. Addresses a lot of topics (over 100 pages), comparisons between our security posture (all government based) and the Israeli posture (more public based). I dont agree with everything in it, promotes government collection of data on US citizens for instance, but there is still a lot of interesting info in it, especially the portions on what individuals, vice government agencies, can do to mitigate attacks.
http://www.hstoday.us/images/public_role_in_ct_israeli_practices_task_08-22.pdf

Unfortunately, it sounds like reports are coming out confirming the suspicion of black powder... This won't end well

My thoughts and prayers were sent also. Considering the venues where US citizens congregate, we must consider ourselves lucky.
Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Hope this isn't political but, some people just need to be sent the fuck home.

The worst part after the deaths and injuries, is that these attacks cause overreaction on the part of government and then the terrorists get the double satisfaction of reducing our security and our freedoms. It is unfair to place the total burden of our public safety on law enforcement alone, and we dont want to live in a country with law enforcement large and pervasive enough to have a chance of providing that sort of security anyway. It is everyone's personal responsibility to provide security for themselves as much as they can.

^^ THIS! Terrorists, regardless of origin have figured out that the way to beat the U.S. is to let us knee-jerk legislate ourselves into our own downfall and they're winning and we're so stupid that we are letting them, even begging for more.

Unfortunately, it sounds like reports are coming out confirming the suspicion of black powder... This won't end well

Agreed. Better stock up on reloading supplies 'tout suite'.

Honestly, I hate to say it but Im surprised there hasn't been more of this, and that its just the beginning.

A five gallon can of gasoline would have much the same impact.

Curious about what you all think, since my experience with explosives is quite limited. Were they black powder bombs? or some other kind of chemical bomb? I saw plenty of smoke, but that seemed quite powerful for powder. Your thoughts?

Damage can be done with anything which either produces pressure or stores pressure. Oxygen tank (or any other extreme pressure tank) will fly through brick wall if you knock the valve off...

But i don't think this is appropriate time of discussing technicals, people got hurt and thats that IFs and BUTs will not help one iota and as far as blame goes there will be plenty of time and opportunity to discuss it later.

This is where people who stocked up on reloading supplies in Mass. gets harassed because their concerned neighbor makes a phone call.

Dude this is America and Boston is a walking city. Lets not get all up about we need more security. Last time we felt that way we got DHS and the Patriot Act. Security did pretty well considering they were able to neutralize the follow on devices (as has been reported). You will not be able to avoid risk in a free society and I dont want to live in a risk free society.

I started my morning with watching the reenactment of the skirmish on the Lexington Green in Lexington. Those that died there did not do so intending we would eventually live in a police state.

They would be getting even.

LOL. Not once in my comment did I make the argument that we need more security. Boston already has a shit ton of street cameras that obviously didn't prevent the bombing. I guess I was trying to say something along the lines of what you said: Free society = some risks.

LOL. Not once in my comment did I make the argument that we need more security. Boston already has a shit ton of street cameras that obviously didn't prevent the bombing. I guess I was trying to say something along the lines of what you said: Free society = some risks.

My apologies, not that I was crapping on you, more just stating my fears this turns into a reason to take more liberty away from the law abiding.

Prayers and condolences, and utter condemnation of the perpetrators, whomever they turn out to be.

This event is sad and my thoughts go out to all involved.

Americans need to wake up and stop living in their naive little bubble. events like this happen almost on a daily basis in some countries, we are an ignorant, arrogant society to believe it cant happen here. The defining factor is what america does about it, lets hope its not going after the tools instead of the persons.

No one has claimed it, yet? My money is on some disturbed kid, not a terrorist organization. If it were for traditional "terrorist" purposes, doesn't it defeat the purpose if you don't claim it and exploit the publicity for recognition?

This just in...

Gunpowder, Shrapnel...

To quote Farago from TTAG - "Even the most skeptical among us must now realize that “common sense” gunpowder control doesn’t seem as far-fetched as it did just twenty-four hours ago."

Boston Marathon Bomb Packed with Gunpowder, Shrapnel | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Boston Marathon bombings: Investigators hunt for clues in deadly attack - chicagotribune.com

Does it make me a conspiracy-theorist if I wonder if the anti-gun people are behind events like this in order to get guns and ammunition banned? It seems far fetched, but, then again, the F.L.N during the Algerian War for Independence spent a lot of time killing and terrorizing the Muslim population of Algeria that they were supposedly trying to liberate because it "stirred the pot." When you believe that the ends justifies the means, anything's possible, right?

Does it make me a conspiracy-theorist if I wonder if the anti-gun people are behind events like this in order to get guns and ammunition banned? It seems far fetched, but, then again, the F.L.N during the Algerian War for Independence spent a lot of time killing and terrorizing the Muslim population of Algeria that they were supposedly trying to liberate because it "stirred the pot." When you believe that the ends justifies the means, anything's possible, right?

The same thing I was thinking.

CT sources in the Middle East are reporting that the investigation is centering around a suspected terror cell of three Saudi nationals. The room they share in Revere was searched after the questioning of one of the suspects, a Saudi student, who was hospitalized with badly burned hands. A second was taken into custody over “visa problems.” A third is on the run. All three are from a prominent Saudi family belonging to a tribe from the Asir province bordering Yemen. Asir Province is known as a hotbed of resistance to the Saudi throne in Riyadh. The search for the wanted man led to the grounding of a plane at Logan International Airport today. The origins of the Saudi cell, if confirmed, strongly suggest that AQAP may have succeeded in planting a cell in the United States for the attack.

Last edited:
My condolences to the families.

My sister could have been at the finish line(New Balance tent). She works for NB who sponsors the race and would have been there if she wasnt in New York at the time

Reported as of 1400. Pressure cookers possibly containing TATP. Triacetone Triperoxide. Plus ball bearings,bb's and other metal debris.

I haven't heard this anywhere else, but if that is indeed true, then you can almost guarantee that it is the work of an external source. While it has been made here in the states previously by some brave/idiotic/ballsofsteel individuals, TATP is very unstable and needs a very refined process to successfully make a "good" batch. Even though it's produced widely in the middle east in mud-huts with minimal lab supplies, they still know how to make it and are very practiced at it. To make a batch equivalent to the explosions seen would take a decent supply of needed chemicals and a knowing how. Not to mention balls of steel transporting it in a pressure cooker where it self-heats quicker.

But from the smoke color, I originally had guessed some sort of chlorate mixture.

Has anyone heard about the two men that authorities are still looking for? 4Chan may have pics of them.

4chan ThinkTank - Imgur

One guy appears to be wearing a Craft International hat. I hope these guys aren't involved.

I haven't heard this anywhere else, but if that is indeed true, then you can almost guarantee that it is the work of an external source. While it has been made here in the states previously by some brave/idiotic/ballsofsteel individuals, TATP is very unstable and needs a very refined process to successfully make a "good" batch. Even though it's produced widely in the middle east in mud-huts with minimal lab supplies, they still know how to make it and are very practiced at it. To make a batch equivalent to the explosions seen would take a decent supply of needed chemicals and a knowing how. Not to mention balls of steel transporting it in a pressure cooker where it self-heats quicker.

Actually, it's VERY easy to make and from house hold reagents and if you know how to dry compounds via vacuum then it's pretty safe to transport.

Has anyone heard about the two men that authorities are still looking for? 4Chan may have pics of them.

4chan ThinkTank - Imgur

One guy appears to be wearing a Craft International hat. I hope these guys aren't involved.

Well, I think you could take pictures at any event and draw your own conclusions of what people are up to (the word prejudice comes to mind). But if those are the guy/s then it's pretty clear that their middle eastern which syncs with the news saying the same.

It's pretty cool that this is on 4chan though, at least we have a source of news that isn't being filtered through the WH.

Actually, it's VERY easy to make and from house hold reagents and if you know how to dry compounds via vacuum then it's pretty safe to transport.

Very easy to make is a very assumptive statement. Assumptive in the sense that the person making it understands basic chemistry and TRULY what they are making. There are MORE "accidents" making it than safe batches! The finished product CAN be safe, yes, but as you seem to might know, it's the static, crystals stuck in bottle/lid/container threads or seals, or fast production that leads to my being unstable statement. There are just a lot of factors that go into it that get people that either "try" to make it, or get cocky into trouble.

There was a kid in Escondido, CA when I was in the Marine Corps that had an entire fridge full of TATP in his room he was making. I didn't say someone can't "simply" make it, but pictures also revealed TONS of stray crystals all over his room, bottles he was storing it in, and the bottles themselves had expanded despite being refrigerated. It was literally a MASSIVE bomb waiting to go off.

Very easy to make is a very assumptive statement. Assumptive in the sense that the person making it understands basic chemistry and TRULY what they are making. There are MORE "accidents" making it than safe batches! The finished product CAN be safe, yes, but as you seem to might know, it's the static, crystals stuck in bottle/lid/container threads or seals, or fast production that leads to my being unstable statement. There are just a lot of factors that go into it that get people that either "try" to make it, or get cocky into trouble.

There was a kid in Escondido, CA when I was in the Marine Corps that had an entire fridge full of TATP in his room he was making. I didn't say someone can't "simply" make it, but pictures also revealed TONS of stray crystals all over his room, bottles he was storing it in, and the bottles themselves had expanded despite being refrigerated. It was literally a MASSIVE bomb waiting to go off.

I agree, and you're right, it's easy for somebody like me who has a degree in Chem.E and works in the industry to make it safely but the average dude isn't going to know how to dry it (key to being safe). So it's easy to make, but hard(er) to make it safely.

My understanding is that authorities are withholding the photos in an effort not to jeopardize prosecution. That seems reasonable to me, and I also think that searching for and attempting to apprehend any suspects by non-LE folks is a bad, and possibly hazardous, idea. Let the authorities do their job, they have better resources.

I am reminded that when people who despise our liberties commit acts of wanton terrorism; it's our knee-jerk leadership who carries out the terrorist's wildest dreams, culling and curtailing our freedoms in an elusive quest for 'safety'. I'm 'up to here and beyond' with this strategy that 'never lets a crisis go to waste' as an excuse to further their statist agenda.

Also, it's the terrorists who do the atrocities, but it's also the media who fuel and fan the furor to curtail this and ban that.

If I had to find a single word to describe the media in all of this, it would be 'Enabler'.

Greg

My understanding is that authorities are withholding the photos in an effort not to jeopardize prosecution.

I think that's part of it but I think there's more to that story: There's something going on with the prez unexpectedly meeting with Saudi officials and ICE/Big-sis getting involved along with talks of deporting a Saudi national.

On Sean Hannity’s Fox News program Wednesday night, terror expert Steve Emerson cited sources saying Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, the Saudi national who was briefly named a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombings, is being deported on Tuesday.
Thursday morning, Glenn Beck revealed on radio that TheBlaze was informed by sources that the Saudi national’s visa had been revoked and he was, in fact, going to be deported on “security and related grounds.”
Among other things, sources told TheBlaze that the Saudi national had ties to a well-connected Saudi family and that his deportation was set to be framed as a “voluntary” departure to be with his family.
A file, called an “event,” was started on him three days ago.
While discussing the issue on radio, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood revealed that the government is now considering not deporting Ali Alharbi.

1. One source at the FBI and another at the Saudi Embassy referred to the student as connected to an important Saudi family.
2. An “event” was created on this guy three days ago. An event is a file. The file contains his deportation record and the reason he is being deported. According to ICE the reason is under section 212 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities”
3. His visa has been revoked.
4. The FBI said a file was started “just in case he was found to be connected to the crime,” however, the file shows he was scheduled to be deported. This was not a precaution, it was in “orders.”
5. One source said they believe a “voluntary” departure has been signed — that means the Saudi Student could be out of the country as early as today.
6. The file was immediately classified. We believe the deportation order will be classified as well — requiring a FOIA to get it.
7. The story was going to be “he wanted to go home,” however he was actually being deported.
8. Our source said the FBI believes the Saudi student is tied to 2 to 3 more people.
9. Our source said this “looks like they were trying to make this a ‘lone wolf’ crime so, the Saudi government would be spared embarrassment and the U.S. would avoid explaining how a terror cell was active when we had AQ on the run.”

There more going on here than we are being told (of course), but is it being done for security or political gain?

Exclusive: Saudi National Once Considered ?Person of Interest? May Be Deported on ?Security? Grounds ? And How It?s Supposed to Be Framed | Video | TheBlaze.com

^^ Yep, just as we were told, those are two middle ages white males alright. I bet they're mad about it being tax day and attempts to limit guns in the Senate or any of the other lies we were told.

"Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American" <-- Let?s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

Dunno HB... they look like a couple of Ramallah rump rangers to me... but then again, what do I know? I'm not allowed to profile.

Cheers,

Sirhr

"The Craft"...as in Craft International, Chris Kyle'e outfit?

Mighty fine police work there, herpty-derpty InfoWars fools.

Dunno HB... they look like a couple of Ramallah rump rangers to me... but then again, what do I know? I'm not allowed to profile.

Cheers,

Sirhr

The guy in the white cap looks middle eastern to me. I can't say about the first guy. I hope I wake up tomorrow to reports of them both being in custody.

My post was meant to be read as a heavy dose of sarcasm, in other words, I totally agree with you and as per the news this morning looks like we're right on.

Hmmm....so they are a couple of Chechen Muslims. Strikes me that this is a perfect example of what's wrong with our current immigration system. An the idiot's in Washington are rushing to "do something"! Seems to me that they better take a step back and think long and hard about things like granting student visas and stuff especially to people from countries that are terrorist breeding grounds.

It seems they were quite possibly Chechens that we let in as refugees....

Maybe next time if the Russians are beating the tar out of some people, don't be too quick to jump in and help unless we really know them well or such?
Seems our help in Afghanistan was not appreciated very much a few decades later
Seems our help taking in refugees from Chechnya a decade ago is not appreciated now either

It would be interesting to see how the Russian news papers report these developments tomorrow, since they have had quite a bit of terror experience with Chechens, as well as trying brutal retaliation.