• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Botach; Is it just me . . . .

dduck44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
Annapolis, MD
. . . or is everything perpetually backordered?
The first order from them, a Camelback for a 5.11 pack, got here quicker than some pizzas I've phoned in.
Everything else is in limbo.

Re: Botach; Is it just me . . . .

I had a similar experience. First thing I ordered got delivered within the week. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Next order........I got Botached.

Cancel order, order from hide sponsor

I ordered their rear monopod for the AICS without a problem. They told me what model I required, I purchased it, they sent it fast and I received it fast.

One company amoungst the lot that actually didn't dick me around.
Storm Tactical and Triad Tactical are also great like that.

I've ordered from them a couple of times. Their return policy on "deals" is kinda crappy. A lot of the time the sales items are on sizes extra small and the like. There are good deals though, you just have to stay on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RS303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cancel order, order from hide sponsor </div></div>

+1

I tried to get a Giessele SSA-E trigger and an accushot monopod from Botach earlier this year. My card was immediately charged. An email came about a week later saying they both were on backorder. I emailed them asking if they knew when they would get more in. About a week later I got a one-word reply: "No." That just rubbed me the wrong way.

To their defense, I did call and cancel my order to which they promptly refunded my card.

I ultimately got the Giessele from Palmetto State Armory and the accushot from the PX section. I try to keep my business to Hide Sponsors as almost all of them have been top-notch. They might be a little more expensive, but I'd rather pay more for good CS than save a few bucks and have to deal with asshats.

The ONLY company I can think of that I have had NO issues with whatsoever is SKD Tactical.

I had a negaitve experince guess I got Botached as well. The item I ordered was backordered. Once they notified me of that I decided to cancel the order with them and order the item through brownells. After cancelling the order they then processed a charge for the order 3 days after I had cancelled the ordered so I was billed for an item that had never been shipped and had already been cancelled. When I contacted them they told me they would forward the issue to their refunds department and it would take around 72 hours for that to get processed that was friday morning I didnt get refunded until the following wend so basically they got a 5 day loan from me for free. I was less then impressed and wont use them again.

I got totally Botached when I was downrange. I ordered a pair of boots and about 4 Magpul mags. They originally sent an e-mail saying the boots were backordered, then about 2 weeks later, the boots showed up. I thought all was well, until, two weeks later, a duplicate order showed up. I thought it was BOGO....but no. I e-mailed and told them and they claimed I ordered it. I said it must be a system mistake, but they said they had two unique order numbers, only 1 digit apart, to hell with common sense. Keep in mind that I'm in Asadabad, AFG and not exactly in 3G coverage area so this emailing chain takes about 1-2 weeks. I tell them I would like to return the products for a refund. They then explain that I will have to pay for the shipping, they will not refund the shipping for getting the duplicates to me, AND would charge me a restocking fee on the damned boots. Very terse replies, general rudeness, and a plethora of asshattery. I kept the crap and sold it to Joes in need. Never again Blowtach, the couple bucks saved isn't worth it, stick with the Hide sponsors.

Also, SKD was awesome when I was downrange too. I miss my old style operators hat from them that disappeared somewhere between the J-bad air field and Camp Blessing...
smirk.gif

I ordered a few items from them from time to time, I could not find what I wanted in stock with any other vendors at a discount and I received all ordered items in a short period of time. Maybe I should change my name to Lucky or quit while I am ahead.

I've never had a problem with them either. What I have done before I placed my orders with them was to use their live help feature and ask if it's in-stock before placing my order. Might not be 100% but for me it has been. Hope that helps.

With all of the sketchy reviews, hit and miss service, and issues with this company, I am constantly amazed that anyone would order from them. Then post about it.
There are plenty of Hide vendors here that offer up great deals, and have no issues with product, or customer service. It is well worth it to me to have my order placed with confidence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: In2b8u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all of the sketchy reviews, hit and miss service, and issues with this company, I am constantly amazed that anyone would order from them. Then post about it.
There are plenty of Hide vendors here that offer up great deals, and have no issues with product, or customer service. It is well worth it to me to have my order placed with confidence. </div></div>

This man speaks the truth. Friends don't let friends order from Botrash.