• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought a Samsung S22 Ultra

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    Wondering if anyone else has a Samsung 22 Ultra and if so, how do you like it? Mine won't be delivered until Tuesday but I've already got a few accessories. Since it's so large, I decided to go with a wallet instead of just a case. I also bought a wireless charger. Ease and conveniences of just setting it down to charge was a luxury I'd pay for.

So, if you have one, let me know what you think. The good, the bad, anything you think of.

Did you get it on the launch day deal where you got $100+ off, $250+ of free accessories thrown in of your choice and a free memory upgrade?

The Samsung Triple wireless charger is pretty nifty, you can set down 2 phones and a watch or the earbuds to recharge all at the same time

Did you get it on the launch day deal where you got $100+ off, $250+ of free accessories thrown in of your choice and a free memory upgrade?

No, my cell phone just started acting up last week, I did get the free memory upgrade from Samsung. I got a trade in of $275 for my phone, but they don't want it, so I keep it. I got $50 off for being a Verizon customer. Then I got another 6-8 "free" things that I probably will never use, a bunch of 3-6 month trial subscriptions.

All in all I'm please with the cost, but there were over $50 in taxes and fees that I wasn't happy about.

If you've never tried it, the Samsung Watch4 Classic is a very interesting companion to the phone.
    The past 2 times I got a Samsung phone on pre-order launch day, I essentially got the current classis watch for free.

For a case, I'm partial to the otterbox defender pro, but that's because I wear cargo shorts.
    Put your phone in that and have the front part clipped on and your phone will survive most anything.

Next time make sure you sign up for the Samsung employee discount when they open the program to invites from time to time, then make sure to log in and order on pre-order launch day. You get really good deals and can pick a bunch of accessories for free to go with, from eaphones to chargers, to cables, cases tablets etc.

I think you'll really like the 22 and find the pen is quite useful.

Reactions: BullGear
    My wife got me one for Valentines Day. Got it last Wednesday, a couple of days before the official launch. So far, I love it. I'm coming from an iPhone XR, so a big difference. The screen is amazing as is the camera. Never did like anything from Apple and couldn't wait to change back to Android. I'm using an older Samsung wireless charger which takes about 2 hrs to go from 50% to 100%. I don't need anything faster.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    My wife got me one for Valentines Day. Got it last Wednesday, a couple of days before the official launch. So far, I love it. I'm coming from an iPhone XR, so a big difference. The screen is amazing as is the camera. Never did like anything from Apple and couldn't wait to change back to Android. I'm using an older Samsung wireless charger which takes about 2 hrs to go from 50% to 100%. I don't need anything faster.

I find it interesting that most people are either an iPhone or an Android fan. My second oldest son and myself are the only Android fans and the rest of the family love their iPhone. Me personally I don't know why anyone would want to use an iPhone, but that a matter for discussion for another thread.

Reactions: Arc Light
    Got mine on the 21st. Like it so far. Much smoother and faster then my old S10 5G. I have also noticed I get on the 5G network a lot more often now too with this phone. Also got the Tab8+ as well. Trying to get use to using a tablet is hard. Not as functional as a Windows machine. I know I'm one of the few people out there that rather surf and use a desktop/laptop then use the phone and tablet.

Got mine on the 21st. Like it so far. Much smoother and faster then my old S10 5G. I have also noticed I get on the 5G network a lot more often now too with this phone. Also got the Tab8+ as well. Trying to get use to using a tablet is hard. Not as functional as a Windows machine. I know I'm one of the few people out there that rather surf and use a desktop/laptop then use the phone and tablet.

I hate using a tablet. At 61 and owning my first computer in 1983, tablets are foreign to me. I think I'll enjoy the S22 Ultra.

6CD6D952-FD68-41BD-9105-51182CFF606C.jpeg

I have an s21 Ultra. I fried my old phone and it was all they had in town for a replacement. It's a giant heavy POS. Barely fits in my pocket. Does have a bad ass camera though, if that's your thing. Battery life is great, but it weighs about the same as one of the batteries in my Duramax.

my last couple phones have been samsung, currently S7 so obviously not the newest, but work pays for it so can't complain.
    i never got a wireless charger. ☹️

I have an s21 Ultra. I fried my old phone and it was all they had in town for a replacement. It's a giant heavy POS. Barely fits in my pocket. Does have a bad ass camera though, if that's your thing. Battery life is great, but it weighs about the same as one of the batteries in my Duramax.

It's the perfect weight to balance out the pistol on your other side so your pants don't sag unevenly.

I don't even notice the weight of the phone for the most part.

Reactions: BigTex
    It's the perfect weight to balance out the pistol on your other side so your pants don't sag unevenly.

I don't even notice the weight of the phone for the most part.
    Fair point

Wondering if anyone else has a Samsung 22 Ultra and if so, how do you like it? Mine won't be delivered until Tuesday but I've already got a few accessories. Since it's so large, I decided to go with a wallet instead of just a case. I also bought a wireless charger. Ease and conveniences of just setting it down to charge was a luxury I'd pay for.

So, if you have one, let me know what you think. The good, the bad, anything you think of.

Is this one of those “neck massagers”

IDK, I have an S9 myself and I'm thinking about something like a Punkt. MP02 or Light Phone 2 as my next phone...