• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought my first TRG

monteboy84

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2008
Elk River, MN
www.snipercentral.com
I'm in love, this thing is silky smooth and the stock is the most comfortable thing I've used, the trigger is fantastic as well. No range report yet, I bought the scope base used and it showed up without screws, hoping to get out with it this weekend though.

It's a Sako TRG 22 in .308, 26" barrel. US Optics TRG 42 base (Yes, it fits fine) with a Nightforce NXS Mil/mil 5.5-22x56 in NF Ultralight rings.

IMG_1076_zps00a61e06.jpg

IMG_1078_zpsf3fe1eaf.jpg

-matt

Lol. Not that I'm aware of. I'm surprised how many people's screen names I have seen from WV since I joined the forum.

Ah, sorry about that, figured that being in Charleston you may have shot with him. In any case, if you do happen to meet up with him you can punch him in the face and hit on his wife for me. :D

-matt

I actually have no rebuttal to this.^

It could be that I'm tired, or the fact that if I were to die my wife would marry you, and I have excepted this.

Just treat my AIAE with some respect, Yankee.

(Ridenrunwv, I replied to your pm)

Last edited:
Nice rig! Curious to hear how your first range trip turns out.

Thanks! I'm sure it will go well, I've never heard anyone complain about the accuracy of their TRG. I mainly want to see how the stock is to get behind at the range, it feels really comfortable dry-firing, but I'm sure it will really shine when I actually get to puts rounds downrange.

-matt

I actually have no rebuttal to this.^

It could be that I'm tired, or the fact that if I were to die my wife would marry you, and I have excepted this.

Just treat my AIAE with some respect, Yankee.

I'm flattered that you'd bow out so gracefully. I hope you rest peacefully knowing that I'll be shooting your AI and enjoying your wife's homemade apple pie...

In all seriousness, I need to get back out there to do some shooting with you and Brandon.

-matt

Matt,

Nice rifle! Are you going to do a bolt knob conversion? It is just a piece of plastic on the end ;)

In fairness to our Finnish friends, it's a piece of plastic that won't stick to flesh at -20. I agree, looks a little goofy, definitely not sexy, but has a function.

In fairness to our Finnish friends, it's a piece of plastic that won't stick to flesh at -20. I agree, looks a little goofy, definitely not sexy, but has a function.

Very true, and that definitely applies here in MN. The one that I removed was a cheaper design than what's on there now, it appears to me that the handle it came with uses the same knob that's sold to fit on Tikka T3 bolt handles.

-matt

Good looking rifle. I think I recognize that scope?

Grats man. Notice you said "first" TRG. When are you getting your second, Bigfoot?