• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bought myself and early Christmas present!!!

shelpster66

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
The Gunshine State
RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Combo........YAY!!!!

I'm going to be in sooo much trouble.......but I don't care!!!

35ch5dl.jpg

Re: Bought myself and early Christmas present!!!

what would be the margin of error on that set up? I am thinking so minimal......

I wish I had spent a little more and bought the RCBS over the Hornady. Nothing but problems with throwing overcharges. Worse yet, Hornady freely admits its a known issue but they dont offer a fix.

There are some nice hacks for the RCBS that increase the speed yet retain repeatability. Its a nice unit, looking forward to buying on to replace the Hornady soon.

Good purchase, I just got one too along with the RCBS case prep station. Should start reloading in a few weeks.

I got a Gen2 Prometheus coming, just think how mad my wife is going to be, I went from a CM to a Gen1, and let me tell yall I miss the convienence of the CM, seating a bullet while the next charge is dispensing is a great time saver, but early next year I will have speed and ultra accurate charges every 15 seconds, next up should be a Giraud Trimmer, the two most time consuming chores of reloading are made easy, fast, and accurate with tools like CM and Girauds.

Yeah....I'm excited about the new setup......that Giraud Trimmer is nice......and not cheap. That Gen 2 is an impressive piece of equipment. I'm not sure I'll ever need anything like that though......not anytime soon anyways.
smile.gif

Hey Drew....is that RCBS prep station worth the money? I've seen a few videos of it in action, but not sure it would save much time. I do like it though.....may have to get one.

427Cobra, where did you get your Prometheus? Been searching for a while, and I didn't think they were being made any more. No website,etc. Would like to inquire about one, would you mind posting contact info or PM'ing it to me.

The chargemaster can be a bit slow, I just changed my routine. I used to load 50 cases one step at a time. Now I prime 1, load the powder charge, seat the bullet, prime #2, and by now the CM has the #2 powder charge ready. (sometimes I have to wait a couple of seconds) But for changing powder charges quickly its great.

make sure to add a half inch piece of straw to the end of the trickler. it made a world of difference for me

awesome.......... I did the same thing, but in my case my wife bought me a RCBS powder pro digital scale on ebay for $100.... Damn I love that woman.

awesome.......... I did the same thing, but in my case my wife bought me a RCBS powder pro digital scale on ebay for $100.... Damn I love that woman.