• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bourbon fans

Re: Bourbon fans

Maker's Mark is nice, but I would have to say I really enjoy Wild Turkey. I still prefer my Micro Brews.

Hey KY, it's a little more complex than black Jack so you might not be up to it yet bro.....
wink.gif
Just kidding, it is a little different but I like it. I drink mine neat, do you add ice or water to yours? Funny how that will change it for some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPO-sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked up another bottle of the new Makers Mark 46, worth a try. </div></div>

You like that stuff??? I hate it! Its grainy and taste like makers that has sat outside for a week with the top off. </div></div>

Damn, just cracked a new bottle of the MM46 tonight.....and it rocks! KYS, next time you're in Houston let me know & we'll try some more. Maybe it's just "too" fresh still there in Ky.

I have made several online bourbon purchases and found Balermos in California to have better prices than Drinkupny. Since I live in Ohio all prices are set by the state. I check their price online on gov site then shop around on line.can find many brands that are not for sale in Ohio.a tasty bourbon liquer is"Sweet Lucy"

For you Wyoming boys...check out Wyoming Whiskey if you haven't already, or better yet, swing by the distillery in Kirby for a tour of the place. The master distiller over there is Steve Nally, who ran a the stills at Maker's Mark for many years. It may be ready as early as this spring...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you got the coin, try some 20 or 23 yr old Pappy Van Winkle.............. </div></div>

Hell yeah Van winkle no bite at all except in the wallet

In case anyone's interested in Pappy 23, they release only once per year, which happens to be going on now. I picked up the 2nd to last bottle at the local Total Wine over the weekend, and it's well worth the price.

I just got my supply in. If you're in the neighborhood and want a bottle or maybe just a sample pm me for details.

PB191199.jpg

stopped in a local party store last night. To my surprise i found 2 bottles of the dog fish head and 3 floyds mixed brew quart bottles and a 2010 bottle of GTS guess what... the store was 3 bottles lighter after i left. I now have 3 bottles of GTS coming from chi town in early Dec, and have one for me to drink right now....

Is there a good bourbon anyone can recommend available in Texas, and, lets say you're flying into Corpus Christi later today, where would you buy it?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunanut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my supply in. If you're in the neighborhood and want a bottle or maybe just a sample pm me for details.

PB191199.jpg
</div></div>

That setup will cost a fella some coin!
smile.gif

If you like Blantons, try Elmer T Lee. Elmer is the master distiller who make blantons and he has his own signature bottle at about half the price of Blantons. We pay a lot for that little horse on top of that fancy bottle.

Would just like to thank this thread for the great recommendations, I found a place that sells Bulleit and tried it over Thanksgiving. Holy crap I didn't know what I was missing out on!

I was rootin' thru my cupboards today and look what I stumbled across. I don't recall how I acquired it and I don't drink the stuff so.... Austan, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Chad</span> Todd or anyone else that lives around here want it?
Bulleit002.jpg

Yup. I'll drop it off next time I go thru. Probably Wed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I call dibs? </div></div>
I'll split it with ya
smile.gif

I got a great Christmas gift from my VP of operation. a bottle of Woodford reserve masters collection, finish aged in Sugar maple barrels. this fine product is 94.4 proof with a smooth and refined taste.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup. I'll drop it off next time I go thru. Probably Wed.</div></div>

Great John, I feel warmer all ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balthasar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I call dibs? </div></div>
I'll split it with ya
smile.gif
</div></div>

If you leave right now, there might be some left when you get here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm tired of driving my Scotches twelve hundred miles to Rifles Only, only to be consumed by the likes of some Louisiana ER Docs.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm a long way from being a Louisiana ER doc but would certainly enjoy sampling your single malts.
laugh.gif

rero360: you should like the Laphroaig. For personal drinking I wouldn't have bought the Glenfiddich, it doesn't compare to the Laphroaig or the Lagavulin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...waitin patiently for the new release of Knob Creek 110p(9 years old) </div></div>

Details!! Knob Creek is my staple.

I know the people at Knob Distillery. Want me to call and ask?

If anyone dips..... Copenhagen Black is back out. It is bourbon flavored. Its good to have around if you really need something different or want to get a slight buzz! I keep a couple cans in my office but am mostly a wintergreen guy.
laugh.gif

https://www.knobcreek.com/member/login

Knob Creek® has big news, and we wanted our faithful Stillhouse fans to be the first to know: In just a few weeks, we're launching Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve, the first single-barrel offering from Knob Creek®.

Knob Creek® is the only bourbon that puts as much effort into our passion as you put into yours and as a result, our new Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve is a truly extraordinary bourbon. Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve has been hand selected, barrel-by-barrel to be a unique expression of Knob Creek's rich, mature flavor. Bottled at near barrel strength of 120 proof, Knob Creek® Single Barrel Reserve will offer you a smooth, nuanced experience with even more of the rich wood and vanilla notes that have made Knob Creek® the standout bourbon that it is.

You won't have to wait much longer: We'll be shipping our first batch early next year. We'll send you more information in the weeks ahead, so stay tuned. And get ready to toast a deliciously rewarding new year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a line on Pappy 23 for $249 a bottle, is it worth it? </div></div>

Hell yes.

Maybe I should buy two. Would need to launder some money from the wife to pull that off. Haha

I had the pleasure of enjoying a bottle of Pappy's 23 with my hunting mentor a couple of seasons ago. Without a doubt, the best that I have had. Hopefully, you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Rumor has Pappy 15y/o being the best of the bunch. I find this quite possible because the 12y/o from Elijah Craig is better than the 18. I am holding onto my funds as much as I can so that if I happen to see a bottle of Pappy 15 AND a new release bottle of the Knob Creek I'll have enough to walk away with TWO bottles!

I just talked to my source at Pappy Van winkle distillery. He said they are releasing bourbon years slowly right now. I also have a case of 23 year old waiting for me to pick up the first of the year
smile.gif

In my opinion 15 is not better sipping quality then 23. There is an elusive 27 year old bourbon from them but at $900.00 a bottle not many jump on it. It can only be bought at the source from what I am told.

Tasting both the 15 and 23...both damn nice. For the price, the 15 will win the test.

Is $250 the going rate or can it be found for less? Most places I call about it has a waiting list.

i currently have a bottle of 15 and it is great. I'll definitely buy the next bottle i come across. Until then I'm going to save it for things special and get into the GTS, I lucked into 5 bottles this year. 5th being xmas gift from the wife
smile.gif
Happy hunting for your favorite bottles.

Well the first case of Evan Williams White Bond brought into the city of Boise is being dispersed right now . The State Liquor Dispensary brought in a case and I went ahead and bought the whole thing . I figure at 12.50 a bottle with tax I have enough family members that like the black label that I can hand this out as Birthday presents for the next year and get off pretty easy
wink.gif

I will let you know how the reviews go
wink.gif

They said if they sold the whole case they would know people were interested and bring in more on the second order . I was just taking one (or 12) for the team
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: packratt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm tired of driving my Scotches twelve hundred miles to Rifles Only, only to be consumed by the likes of some Louisiana ER Docs.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm a long way from being a Louisiana ER doc but would certainly enjoy sampling your single malts.
laugh.gif

rero360: you should like the Laphroaig. For personal drinking I wouldn't have bought the Glenfiddich, it doesn't compare to the Laphroaig or the Lagavulin.

</div></div>

I had some of the Laphroig at my sister's, her man has a fine collection of bourbons and scotchs, that was really smooth, nice and peaty. I finally was able to try some maker's mark, that was really tasty, makes Jack taste like wood varnish in comparison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm tired of driving my Scotches twelve hundred miles to Rifles Only, only to be consumed by the likes of some Louisiana ER Docs.</div></div>

Well, we're not tired of drinking your Scotch!

(I am not an ER doc, nor do I play one on TV - but I have been lead into temptation by those ER docs - and by Graham.) My liquor bill has gone way up.

A lot of really good bourbons mentioned here. My favorites are:

Basil Hayden
Elijah Craig 12

And the one that really stands above the rest:

Rowan's Creek small batch. A true gem that has no equal in my view.

Rowan's Creek

I'll have to try a bottle of this. Doesn't the bottle look kind of like noah's mill? I think I've spied a bottle at the store the other day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rowan's Creek

I'll have to try a bottle of this. Doesn't the bottle look kind of like noah's mill? I think I've spied a bottle at the store the other day.</div></div>

Yup, same distillery.

Switch, they make bad bourbon to put in Coke.

Did a blind taste test last night with my stepdad. We compared Makers Mark, Makers Mark 46, Baker's, Rare Breed, Pritchard's Double Barrel, and Four Roses (a $20 bourbon that doesn't suck).

We both overwhelmingly ranked the Pritchard's as the best among our limited sampling, agreeing that it is smooth with strong vanilla and caramel hints and no bitter to the aftertaste. Might give it a try if you haven't already...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switch, they make bad bourbon to put in Coke. </div></div>

eehhhhhhhhhhhh, YUK! I can think of a few things that mix with bourbon(chick's dig it), but the best is ice.
If you ain't man enough to drink your bourbon straight or on ice then maybe a tour of the White Swallow Bar might be in store for you