• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shotgun World

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
Anyone here a member? Bunch of stiff self righteous assholes. Posted a thread about idiots shooting across bare threads with chokes removed and because I used “fn” and “hell” … they deleted the thread. Reason - Your post in the thread Shooting through threads (no choke) was deleted. Reason: You will keep your posts free of vulgar words. I literally used the words fn and hell….guess shotgun shooters are a whole different breed….drink their Evan Williams bourbon with a lifted pinky….oh shit….i did it again….Evan Williams is ok ….really….if you can’t afford top shelf, we still invite you here on the hide and respect your poor taste.

Anyone here a member? Bunch of stiff self righteous assholes. Posted a thread about idiots shooting across bare threads with chokes removed and because I used “fn” and “hell” … they deleted the thread. Reason - Your post in the thread Shooting through threads (no choke) was deleted. Reason: You will keep your posts free of vulgar words. I literally used the words fn and hell….guess shotgun shooters are a whole different breed….drink their Evan Williams bourbon with a lifted pinky….oh shit….i did it again….Evan Williams is ok ….really….if you can’t afford top shelf, we still invite you here on the hide and respect your poor taste.
When in Rome…
Or,
You have to read the room.
Not every site is the Bear Pit, and some sites don’t tolerate stuff like we do here. It’s their house, their rules. And yes, shotgunners think of themselves as “Gentlemen”. When hanging with that crowd, and I often do, you have to remember that. I don’t use vulgarity but I’m not offended by those who do. But many of them are, as they view it as “uncivilized” or detrimental to the promotion of their sport via “optics”. Bottom line, just like here, you follow the rules the Site specifies.

Last edited:
When in Rome…
Or,
You have to read the room.
Not every site is the Bear Pit, and some sites don’t tolerate stuff like we do here. It’s their house, their rules. And yes, shotgunners think of themselves as “Gentlemen”. When hanging with that crowd, and I often do, you have to remember that. I don’t use vulgarity but I’m not offended by those who do. But many of them are, as they view it as “uncivilized” or detrimental to the promotion of their sport via “optics”. Bottom line, just like here, you follow the rules the Site specifies.
Point taken…. But still…. Fn …hell… whatever. Maybe I’m just not shotgun class of people?

• Haha
Reactions: Sblzrd65
Point taken…. But still…. Fn …hell… whatever. Maybe I’m just not shotgun class of people?
Of course you are, if you want to be. But I get where you're coming from. They have an understood code of conduct, you just figure out what it is and abide by it if you want to hang. If not, tell them to "FO" (see what I did there?) 🤣

Shotgun purists are overwhelming fuddish. They would 100% vote for renewing the failed AWB.

Shotgun purists are overwhelming fuddish. They would 100% vote for renewing the failed AWB.
I can see that being true in some places. Here, even the wing shooters are rednecks too (we all are) and the ones who are shooting Kolars, Perazzis, and Krieghoffs, etc also own at least a few "black rifles" and aren't giving them up.

I used to shoot a lot of competitive skeet and sporting clays. There are 2 distinct shotgun groups. Regular guys with shotguns seen in the field and then the Perazzi, Krieghoff, Dupont, Beretta etc guys. The latter group are the biggest fudds I have ever seen. Same gear and uniforms like a bunch of sorority girls. I will say don't be deceived some of those guys are very good shooters. Verfy rarely is there crossover between the groups but occasionally there is some. The clothes usually are the giveaway. My Joe redneck buddies that shoot high end over and unders don't have on matching vests, shoe toe pads to prop their guns own, little leather shooting gloves, cute shell bags, or unlit cigars as a prop.

Reactions: plh
Shotgunners are a different breed for sure. They play games with their guns, and those guns are merely the toys necessary to play the game. Firearm safety rules are for thee, not for me…

Reactions: Bender
Aren't shotgunners the road bikers of the gun world? Kinda like fly fisherman? Why would anyone want to be on a forum like that?

Reactions: chevy_man
I used to shoot a lot of competitive skeet and sporting clays. There are 2 distinct shotgun groups. Regular guys with shotguns seen in the field and then the Perazzi, Krieghoff, Dupont, Beretta etc guys. The latter group are the biggest fudds I have ever seen. Same gear and uniforms like a bunch of sorority girls. I will say don't be deceived some of those guys are very good shooters. Verfy rarely is there crossover between the groups but occasionally there is some. The clothes usually are the giveaway. My Joe redneck buddies that shoot high end over and unders don't have on matching vests, shoe toe pads to prop their guns own, little leather shooting gloves, cute shell bags, or unlit cigars as a prop.
I'm the crossover guy. I shoot sporting clays, I got into it to become a better bird hunter, definitely helped. Ended up buying a 694 for sporting clays, still shoot an A400 in the field. I do wear the vest for sporting clays because it's handy for shells. I've gotten into long range more so that is taking up a lot more time than it used to. Either way there is douche's in every sport.

• Haha
Reactions: Haney
There is a lot of knowledge on that forum but they are different than the folks that visit the bear pit.

I have always gotten help when I needed it over there.

"My goodness, Robert! I do believe that you have scuffed your boot fob!"

images

Signed up there a while back. Seems like the volume/velocity of posting is a lot slower. Definitely skews to the sporting clays side of things.

Sounds like a knife forum I joined recently. I made a comment about preferring stainless over carbon steel for blades which went over like a turd in a punch bowl. Another guy got all butt hurt because I didn't post that I liked a knife he just purchased. No negative post just the lack of a "love your new knife" post. Canadian douche.

More accurately, we don't respect the poor taste, we just keep quiet about it. Some things better left unsaid, I suppose.

Last edited:
So what if they booted you , if you want to act like an asshole this is your sanctuary anyway .

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws