• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bourbon Hootenanny

Soulezoo

Hide Sommelier and Connoisseur of fine spirits
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2018
    Here and there
    Hi Gentlemen,

Today is a good day indeed. My BTAC order arrived today and I got a bottle of Blanton's for good measure. My liver just burped. What are you all drinking this weekend?

20190201_162615.jpg

We've got the Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Bookers here. Couple others that I can't remember the names at the moement,,,,, but we've never had OR seen any Pappy or any of the Van Winkel's up here yet at all.

Definitely do still want to try some.... one day.

We've got the Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Bookers here. Couple others that I can't remember the names at the moement,,,,, but we've never had OR seen any Pappy or any of the Van Winkel's up here yet at all.

Definitely do still want to try some.... one day.
    Well if you ever get my way, I would be happy to pour you a snort. Everyone has their own taste. But all of the whiskey connoisseurs I know that have tried the 15 and 20 year Pappy says if it is not the best, it's up there. I think the 20 year is about perfect. IMHO, the 23 year is just a tad oak-ey.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Well...it appears i got a head start on ya. However im still ready to help ya with that Pappy 20 year...and congrats on the new can.

20190201_190303.jpg

Whistle Pig is good stuff. I have the 10 year. I want to get the Black Prince as he is in my blood line (by like 28 generations...) but damn that stuff is $$$
    Yessir, very good stuff.
    Again, you’re correct, the REALLY good stuff gets pricey.

Woodford Reserve at the moment... with some Basil Hayden's in reserve. Had some Whistle Pig10 yr rye and some Redemption bourbon over the holidays and they were great too...

- Carl

Slumming with Wild Turkey 101 tonight. I do have a line on a bottle of Weller's coming in though.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Well, I have a confession. I couldn't bring myself to crack any of those bottles tonight. So, I started with a bottle of Blanton's already opened, moved to a little Eagle Rare, had some Ron Zacapa XO and finished with Pierre Ferrand cognac and a Cohiba.

Well, I have a confession. I couldn't bring myself to crack any of those bottles tonight. So, I started with a bottle of Blanton's already opened, moved to a little Eagle Rare, had some Ron Zacapa XO and finished with Pierre Ferrand cognac and a Cohiba.
    Sounds like a GREAT evening! Cheers!

- Carl

I just cracked a bottle of Eagle Rare with my dad in town. Finding anything Buffalo Trace is a pain right now here; I lucked into my bottle of Eagle I have and am on a waitlist for 2 more.

To hold me over I have 5 gallons of beer fermenting away right now

Polish brandy?? What is that?

I have been cutting way back. Last night I had my first drink since last Saturday. I celebrated by making an old fashioned with Whistle Pig 12...boy was that good

Reactions: Dewey7271