• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s the BEST bourbon?

Oh man. Congrats if that’s your bottle.
Not many barrel #1s out there still.
Probably worth over 10k!

The star of the show was a bottle of LeNell's Red Hook Rye 23 Year Old Barrel #1, which sold for $56,250 (£44,814). That smashed the estimate of $20,000 to $30,000 at Sotheby's 'Festive Spirits and American Classics' auction in the Big Apple.

Yikes. I know someone that paid 4 or 5k for one a few years back…seemed nuts back then. Looks like appreciation has worked in his favor!
Supply and demand is fascinating.

20240310_002004.jpg
20240310_001954.jpg
20240310_002111.jpg
20240310_002041.jpg
20240310_002036.jpg
20240310_002028.jpg
20240310_002021.jpg

I'm glad to see "Woodford Reserve" on your shelves. That's my "go to" Bourbon. I'll confess my palate is not as sophisticated as all of yours. I'm not able to discern the differences in all these bottles. I can tell the difference between things like Woodford vs Bulleit Bourbon vs Maker's Mark vs Jim Beam "Devil's cut," etc. Just as I can now tell the difference between certain kinds of Scotch. JW Black vs. JW Blue Label (worthless blend IMHO). My "go to" Scotch is: Lagavulin 16. Much more "peaty" than the others.

Last edited:
The best bourbon? Maker’s Cellar is a top 5 for me. Funny part about a lot of bourbon is this bottle is great to me, and you may hate it

I'm glad to see "Woodford Reserve" on your shelves. That's my "go to" Bourbon. I'll confess my palate is not as sophisticated as all of yours. I'm not able to discern the differences in all these bottles. I can tell the difference between things like Woodford vs Bulleit Bourbon vs Maker's Mark vs Jim Beam "Devil's cut," etc. Just as I can now tell the difference between certain kinds of Scotch. JW Black vs. JW Blue Label (worthless blend IMHO). My "go to" Scotch is: Lagavulin 16. Much more "peaty" than the others.

That woodford double oaked is a county barrel pick. Its honestly one of my favorites on the shelf. I love hunting for allocated bottles as much as the next guy, but there will always be a woodford double oak in my house. Its hard not to like. I dont really care for the regular woodford but double oak is the shit. Love it.

Reactions: PusherX11
Travellers #40. What a great bottle ! Maybe not for a connoisseurs tastes, but a smooth, warm caramel; light in the mouth with no lingering aftertaste or heat, just simple well behaved flavour.

Travellers #40. What a great bottle ! Maybe not for a connoisseurs tastes, but a smooth, warm caramel; light in the mouth with no lingering aftertaste or heat, just simple well behaved flavour.

I thought it tasted young and high ethanol note. For every 2 people that say it isn't good, youve got 1 that says they love it. Thats the beauty of whiskey. lol

Reactions: ColbyLang
I kind of stopped drinking anything else once I found Smoke Wagon. I have Horse Soldier, Driftless Glenn, Russell's, Jefferson, Basil Hayden, Whistle Pig, and others but always come back to Smoke Wagon.

View attachment 8368311
Man, that photo just appeals to me. I would REALLY enjoy just smelling each of those bottles!