• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bourbon snobs need not enter.

I never apologize for my tastes. Snobs are snobs (cars, guns, motorcycles, whiskey, rifle scopes, beer, houses, whatever) to try to make themselves feel important and special. The root cause is HUGE insecurity and immaturity issues. Like what you like, and can afford, and fuck 'em all but six, and save them for pall bearers.

Oh, I tried Pappy Van Winkle once (a friend won it at a raffle) and I, personally, did not like it much.
im there with you it didnt impress me either

I...will...fight...you! Crazy beats tough most days and this just through me over the edge! See post #57🤣🤣
Just a trollolol post for a laugh, wondered how many would get all riled up over it, apparently not too many, but I kind of hope someone out there falls for it and tries it. I don’t mix shit, never ice, water, coke and damn sure not root beer. Those dumb ass $25+ steel rocks you freeze are also a no-go for me, if I want shit cold (and never do) that’s what a freezer is for. Only Jager and Bailey’s gets served cold in my house.

One of my personal favorites.

1621966465627.png

So I am a snob. Yes, that's a complement. In spirits, (not just bourbon), wine, cars, guns, women and etc. And yes I have/have had the finest of each. The German and I could hang out....

Go be poor somewhere else. Oh, and yes, I have about 6 bottles of different Pappys. Most that say they didn't like it were poors that can't afford Coors light or can't get it and are jealous. I've got 4.5 bottles of Blanton's sitting around. Scotch and Cognac not available in the States... and I don't shoot 6 gay tiger either.

Y'all are just jealous...I can feel it.

So I am a snob. Yes, that's a complement. In spirits, (not just bourbon), wine, cars, guns, women and etc. And yes I have/have had the finest of each. The German and I could hang out....

Go be poor somewhere else. Oh, and yes, I have about 6 bottles of different Pappys. Most that say they didn't like it were poors that can't afford Coors light or can't get it and are jealous. I've got 4.5 bottles of Blanton's sitting around. Scotch and Cognac not available in the States... and I don't shoot 6 gay tiger either.

lol ive tried pappys and blantons. i trade the blantons for what i like. from where i am we cant get decent bottles, we have to trade for it. luckily i have friends all over so it works. i do keep coors light stocked up in the frig though.

It is cute to see you flex......... I appreciate all of those things as well. I, also, have a significant collection. It is sad to see you shit on stuff because it is not expensive enough (to be good) but i guess that is the difference between a snob(Soulezoo) and a connoisseur(me).

Is Pappy very good? Heck yeah it is! Is it worth it's inflated price? heck yeah it is.......to you. There is plenty of great bourbon, good scotch, and great aged rum for us poors/connoisseurs from $20-$60.

side note.......i bet you have the cute blantons toppers to spell it out too.

Probably one of the most glorious things I have ever drank was a 35 year old Macallan, bottled from a sherry cask. That was the most expensive glass I have ever drank but it was worth it!

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
I never apologize for my tastes. Snobs are snobs (cars, guns, motorcycles, whiskey, rifle scopes, beer, houses, whatever) to try to make themselves feel important and special. The root cause is HUGE insecurity and immaturity issues. Like what you like, and can afford, and fuck 'em all but six, and save them for pall bearers.

Oh, I tried Pappy Van Winkle once (a friend won it at a raffle) and I, personally, did not like it much.

Shillac

It is cute to see you flex......... I appreciate all of those things as well. I, also, have a significant collection. It is sad to see you shit on stuff because it is not expensive enough (to be good) but i guess that is the difference between a snob(Soulezoo) and a connoisseur(me).

Is Pappy very good? Heck yeah it is! Is it worth it's inflated price? heck yeah it is.......to you. There is plenty of great bourbon, good scotch, and great aged rum for us poors/connoisseurs from $20-$60.

side note.......i bet you have the cute blantons toppers to spell it out too.
By the way, I have never paid more than retail for anything. If you want to say Pappy is overrated or not worth the secondary market, I agree with you. I have never paid the inflated price. I also agree about rum, scotch and bourbon as well as other spirits between $20-60. If you bothered to look, you'd have seen that on the shelf.

It is very, very evident that you didn't look, at least closely, because it would have verified and refuted your post which was only meant to try to insult me to make yourself look superior. Well rock on baby. Or piss off. Makes no difference to me.

I don't shit on stuff because it's inexpensive (you'll find plenty in my collection, that bar is only what you see and about 1/3 of I have), I shit on stuff that's garbage. Kessler, Old Crow and etc, is garbage. Your post was mostly garbage.

And by the way, the post was mostly tongue in cheek. Get a life, get a sense of humor.

On edit, I realize that I didn't post a picture in this thread, so I must apologize. I have posted pics in other threads. An older pic below:

20191126_161032.jpg

Last edited:
lol ive tried pappys and blantons. i trade the blantons for what i like. from where i am we cant get decent bottles, we have to trade for it. luckily i have friends all over so it works. i do keep coors light stocked up in the frig though.
Blanton's isn't the best by a stretch. It is a fine pour no question, but there are many bourbons that are better, cheaper and easier to get. If you like Blanton's, try a bottle of Old Forester 1910.

Reactions: BigTex
By the way, I have never paid more than retail for anything. If you want to say Pappy is overrated or not worth the secondary market, I agree with you. I have never paid the inflated price. I also agree about rum, scotch and bourbon as well as other spirits between $20-60. If you bothered to look, you'd have seen that on the shelf.

It is very, very evident that you didn't look, at least closely, because it would have verified and refuted your post which was only meant to try to insult me to make yourself look superior. Well rock on baby. Or piss off. Makes no difference to me.

I don't shit on stuff because it's inexpensive (you'll find plenty in my collection, that bar is only what you see and about 1/3 of I have), I shit on stuff that's garbage. Kessler, Old Crow and etc, is garbage. Your post was mostly garbage.

And by the way, the post was mostly tongue in cheek. Get a life, get a sense of humor.
I agree. George T Stagg is a hell of a bottle for $100 as is WLW, I wouldn't even touch them for secondary price.

Like you say, there are plenty of bangers to be had in the $60 range. OF 1920, 4R SmBS, Russell's Reserve, hell I am a huge fan of OGD 114 and its like $25.

There is good and there is not good and price has little to do with it.

I agree. George T Stagg is a hell of a bottle for $100 as is WLW, I wouldn't even touch them for secondary price.

Like you say, there are plenty of bangers to be had in the $60 range. OF 1920, 4R SmBS, Russell's Reserve, hell I am a huge fan of OGD 114 and its like $25.

There is good and there is not good and price has little to do with it.
I just finished my OGD 114 at a family reunion. It's great over an ice ball. Not in the picture but I currently have a bottle of Russell's Reserve Private Barrel Selection. I am partial to anything Turkey.

I had the 4R brown label a while back. Very good and need to get it again.

Agreed.

Van Winkle stuff was a great range of $25-$65 wheated bourbon. Later on when the 20 & 23 were the only Stitzel-Weller left I'd begrudgingly say maybe worth a $100 since there wasn't any more.

The secondary prices today for Buffalo Trace made? Lunacy.

AH Hirsch 16 is another, it was a very good $65 bourbon and even at that time was something there was no more of (Pennco-Michters). I think people get stuck saying that it is "the best ever!" because they paid $1300-$3000-$5300 for a bottle or hundreds for a small pour.

My personal favorite is Taylor Warehouse C Tornado. There will never be anything like it again because of the circumstances in its creation. It again was a $65 bottle. A few months ago I saw a bottle sell for $5000... I'd take 142 1.75's of Wild Turkey 101 and have even more enjoyment.

Try stuff and see what your taste buds tell you. Older isn't always better nor is the most expensive always the "best". The Tequila world is proof positive on that last point.

• Haha
Reactions: Soulezoo and 6.5SH
There was a tiny liquor store in Red Hook Brooklyn LeNell’s Beverage Boutique that had a hook with someone in the Willett family
and managed to get a few barrels of the finest rye produced.

You poors.
Holy crap $40K, lol.

Vintage Rye 23 was the same source (KBD). I love rye and it was interesting, but it truly was over aged. I honestly think rye is better younger. For older the Sazerac 18 from the BT Antique Collection did it for me.

That red label single barrel Russell's Reserve is good stuff. I wish I had bought more of it when it was around.

I only drink one brand of bourbon, Smoke Wagon. The blue label private barrel is really good but I haven't been able to find any in over a year.

IMG_0394 (2).JPG

Reactions: WaltHer

On edit, I realize that I didn't post a picture in this thread, so I must apologize. I have posted pics in other threads. An older pic below:

View attachment 7633654
sorry, I guess your sarcasm didn't translate well for me through text. After seeing your collection, I am very humbled..................cute Blanton's topper display though........

I'd post a picture of my collection but I would need a wide angle lens because it is mostly composed of 1.75's of old forester 86, russian standard, Kirklands, ect........... ;)

back to the regularly scheduled programming of "being poor".

If I am drinking a glass of Chianti, and a glass of Eagle Rare at the same time, does that mean I am broken?

• Haha
Reactions: stefan73
Glad to see someone finally mentioned wild turkey 101. I assume that is the fowl-named bourbon the OP intended to start this thread with....

Old Crow is exactly the foul named bourbon he intended.

Now on the other hand, I like almost everything Turkey. Except the 80 proof crap. 🤮

Reactions: 6.5SH
Old Crow is exactly the foul named bourbon he intended.

Now on the other hand, I like almost everything Turkey. Except the 80 proof crap. 🤮

I know, I know. Just trying to give a brother the benefit of the doubt. And maybe gently nudge him in a much better direction.

Reactions: 6.5SH
WT 101 is my table whiskey. No matter what else I try and enjoy it is where I return and what I consume the most of.
I do miss the Rare Breed 108.2 offering though, the later higher proof versions have been too young.
The pinnacle of Wild Turkey for me was the 14 yo Tradition special release. Despite the overly fancy packaging the contents absolutely lived up to it.

Reactions: Soupcan
The Russell Reserve releases are worthy.

At 101 proof, I really like Kentucky Spirit

Bit humorous that GQ and whoever King County is stole that without attribution from the straightbourbon.com forum

Reactions: Megahoser