• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyd stock for a howa s/a?

Samuel23

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2014
I have a howa 1500 chambered in 308. I purchased this rifle as a combo with a scope. I have recently got into 600 yard prone slow fire. In the heat of the summer my stock gets flimsy. It a hogue overmold. I have been looking a varies stocks and chassis. Im not a high paid richman so I have a very tight budget. I have been eye balling bell & carlson medalist a2, but I keep turning away from it. Then I saw the boyd's "tacticool" stock and fell in love. Just wondering if anyone has messed with it before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

I have a Boyd prairie hunter for a Howa 1500. For what I paid, it's good, but it's not the same as a B&C stock, which I also have for a Howa. With the Boyd, plan to do some careful and thorough glass bedding if you want to get the best accuracy results.

Im a noob to this stuff. What is glass bedding?

I have a howa 1500 chambered in 308. I purchased this rifle as a combo with a scope. I have recently got into 600 yard prone slow fire. In the heat of the summer my stock gets flimsy. It a hogue overmold. I have been looking a varies stocks and chassis. Im not a high paid richman so I have a very tight budget. I have been eye balling bell & carlson medalist a2, but I keep turning away from it. Then I saw the boyd's "tacticool" stock and fell in love. Just wondering if anyone has messed with it before?

I did a review on that stock, not for a Howa, but for a 700 SPS Varmit in .308, I love mine. My Savage Mark 2 TR also has one and I like it as well. It's not "the" same. The 700 has a more pronounced forearm, the grip area is a little different and the wood laminate seems denser to me. Look for the review in this section, a few 700 owners have used it at least you'll get some opinions on it.

get the bc, I've shaved the wings off the two I own and it makes them a clone of a McMillan, except 500 dollars cheaper...and glass bed it non the less

I had to do a lot of maching on the Bell and Carlson I recently got for a Howa 1500 short action. I would just keep that in mind in case you don't have the tools or know how because it might not be a drop in deal.