• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Boyd's rimfire hunter stock dimentions?

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2008
SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
i want to build a dedicated silhouette rifle, and thinking about using a boyd's rimfire hunter stock.

the only restriction i could see maybe see that it has the bulge in the forend, would anyone who has one of these measure the width of that bulge and post up or PM?

i have to beat 2.25" wide....

Good timing I just pulled my Marlin 7000 with the Rimfire Hunter stock out to put the sling adapter on. I really like the feel of the stock, not too heavy but a lot more substantial than the factory stock.
Just over 2" at the widest point, well under 2 1/4.

Been building this out for Appleseed, my local gunsmith tapped the barrel for tech sights.

It's a shooter for a semi auto with factory trigger, this is with a Mueller side focus scope and the factory stock.

Last edited:
^ that's slick, thanks for the measurements.

last night i sent an email to boyds', and got this back today (great response time / cs !):

<<<<From: "Customer Service" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 9:12:22 AM
Subject: RE: rimfire hunter trigger guard?

Hello, The bedding block does fit in, the forend is around 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 wide and we don't supply the trigger guard. Thanks John A

Boyds' Gunstock Customer Service
Retail Sales Division
Boyds:

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:24 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: rimfire hunter trigger guard?

hello, i'm interested in the rimfire hunter stock for the ruger american rimfire, as the original trigger guard is molded into the original stock, do you supply a trigger guard also?

another question, how wide is the foreend of the stock?

last question, does the bedding block from the original ruger rimfire fit into the rimfire hunter?

thanks for any info you have.>>>>>>

so now i guess it's a matter of finding a trigger guard that will fit so a ruger replacement stock can actually safely be utilized.

any ideas who may make one?

Last edited:
DIP offers them for the Savages, may want to check there. Or, look at making your own ... its just a loop of metal wtih some holes in the right spots.