• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Boyds Tacticool adjustable buttstock

Country Boy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
A previous memeber posted a thread for an adjustable buttstock he made for his boyds tacticool. Seeing as he is in Australia and per ITAR regulations it would cost quite a bit for him to sell them to the US guys i decided to go ahead and get my own made.

Havent finished the blueprint quite yet then its off to my machinist to get it quoted. My friend(10/22), my brother(marlin), and myself(marlin) all have boyds tacticool so I will have 1-3 made initially and go from there.
It will be made out of aluminum and probably a steel rod. I would like to have scribe marks ever 15 degrees as well at every .250" but i dont think the shop has a laser marker. You would need to drill a 1/2" hole in your stock after you use your existing wood screws to bolt it to the stock. The buttplate will be held in place with 8-32 SHCS.

I took off the height adjustment due to the fact it cannot be used in NRA light rifle. But it wouldnt be to hard to add it back in almost like the marlin 2000 buttstock as seen in the bottom picture.

Comments, suggestions, questions?

adjustable-buttstock.jpg

my2000l-03.jpg

Re: Boyds Tacticool adjustable buttstock

I am looking at picking up a boyds tacticool for my marlin when I get stateside, something like this at a fair price point would be the perfect addition to to stock for a good training rifle. Keep me posted sir!

Yes please keep us updated. I have been looking at something like this that wont break the bank

Looks good!

I'd be interested in one of these when you get them in to production.

Tony

I got a tacticool stock in the other day. I have not taken the butt pad off. But it looks as though there is a 3/8 spacer in place that they just painted over, is this norm for one of these stocks. I am not hijacking your thread, your idea is great and I might be interested in one. But this is my first boyds and I thought you guys may have seen this before.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtwodogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a tacticool stock in the other day. I have not taken the butt pad off. But it looks as though there is a 3/8 spacer in place that they just painted over, is this norm for one of these stocks. I am not hijacking your thread, your idea is great and I might be interested in one. But this is my first boyds and I thought you guys may have seen this before.
Thanks </div></div>
that spacer is actually what the buttplate is molded to. its used so the screw doesnt pull through the rubber.

Looks good! I held one today and was put off by the what seemed to be short LOP. Having one that was adjustable may be more appealing.. keep us updated!

I have this thread saved awaiting an update. I hope that it works nicely and can become available! Can't wait to see some pics!

a nice scaled down version along these same design lines would be nice. inletting and wood work would be the hardest on the DIY user, but not impossible with a few basic tools or a buddy with a router and scroll saw?

WOW... thats almost a 1:1 clone of another member design here on the hide.