• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Boyd's Tacticools Are Available Again

CamW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2004
Out West
Got this in a email, they're available again.

securedownloadnm.jpg

Re: Boyd's Tacticools Are Available Again

Their website shows out of stock for the Savage 93/Mk II

=(

I believe all the tacticools are currently out of stock. You can still place the order and Boyds will start shipping at the beginning of September

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe all the tacticools are currently out of stock. You can still place the order and Boyds will start shipping at the beginning of September </div></div>

+1. They won't start shipping them until September. There is an anouncement from one of the boyds guys in one of the other threads about these stocks!!

Yeh i ordered mine before this add was emailed out and even then they were still listed as sold out... all good just order one

Anyone know what the model/item number is for the bottom metal for the Savage MKII?

I have a new Boyd's TACTICOOL stock in black for a "Savage 93-E/MKII" for sale. $79 gets it delivered. This will be in the For Sale Forum as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadSlash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got one for my CZ452. I picked up an unfinished one for my Savage MKII. </div></div>
Does your 452 have a heavy barrel? I was wondering because I have a 453 American and I'm considering picking up one of these Tacticool stocks for it. I saw that all of these stocks have a barrel channel to allow for a heavy barrel. Once you get your 452 into that new stock I'd love to see some pics showing the gaps on the sides of the barrel especially if you have a standard barrel. Thanks in advance.

I have one for a savage MKII 22LR- black. For sale if anyone is interested. Bought a few months ago in May. It will come with all the hardware from savage also.

PM me if interested.

ok the straight poop - anyone that swapped out the original stock with the tacticool - notice any improvements in accuraccy, or it it an asthetic / comfort thing?

i realize there will be some improvement due to the comfort of it, but can anyone definitively say that an increase in accuraccy can be contributed to the stock itself?

Aesthetic/comfort. I'm still playing with the balance and haven't floated the barrel on my 10/22, but I can definately get better control vs. the "stock" stock.

I can't say that the accuracy changed much, however I think that the improved fit, and comfort has allowed me to be more consistent in my hold and allowed me to shoot more accurately.

Branden

I doubt there would be any benefit to adding a new stock like this unless your original stock had something wrong with it that the new stock remedies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know how to order the savage bottom metal? </div></div>

Just call Savage and tell them what you bought, and they'll set you up. I just told them I bought the boyds TR stock, and needed the bottom metal, and they sent it.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadSlash</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's a 452 Varmint. We'll see if it fits when it gets here. </div></div>
The varmint has a heavy barrel so you should be in good shape. Now I wish I would have gotten a varmint instead of a 453. Are there any after market heavy barrels available for the 452/453?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know how to order the savage bottom metal? </div></div>

Just call Savage and tell them what you bought, and they'll set you up. I just told them I bought the boyds TR stock, and needed the bottom metal, and they sent it.

Branden</div></div>
How much did it cost you?

Thanks for the link. I missed out on them last time around, and Savage wants $147 or something like that for one. Should make for a nice upgrade to my 93.

Erik