• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Brake or Thread Protector

TXSTDU

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2009
Texas
I bet that for the most part I will ant to shoot through my can but I know there will be times it will be worthwhile not to.

When I shoot without the can which will be better to have? A thread protector or shoot through a screw on break?

The can is a screw-on.

Re: Brake or Thread Protector

.22, 50 bmg, or something in between?

I can't imagine needing a brake for .308 or less. Same token, I can't imagine shooting without a suppressor if one is available. Larger calibers like .300 win mag Or .338 lapua would benefit from a brake.

Sorry I forgot to mention it is a .308.

The rifle is a SPS tactical in a B&C Tactical Medalist A5. The rifle has plenty of weight so recoil really isn't an issue at the moment. I think rifles look cool with the brakes but didn't know if it would be worth it, but the prices for thread protector vs. a brake is roughly the same.

IMO, if the prices are the same I see no reason not to go for the brake. You're getting the added functionality of reducing recoil while still being able to protect the threads.

A Smith Enterprise vortex flash-hider might improve accuracy . I use them because I can use a knife in the prongs to tighten or remove them ...

Recoil no issue, definately cap. No sense in blowing your ears out anymore than you already will be.

And get one of these as well. No sense in loosing your thread protector and these are nice units.
Call Dave at 909-446-1111.

captrap.jpg