• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brand New 2LT

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
I was honored to administer the oath of office and pin my Grandson with the same 2LT bar I was pinned with when I graduated OCS.

He graduated with a full ROTC Scholarship from the University of Portland. A regular Army commission (infantry of course), he's scheduled to attend jump school and ranger school after IOBC.

One proud grandpa.

New%202LT.JPG

and proud family (left to right, GS's girlfriends, grandson, my daughter and my granddaughter, and me)

DSCN0152.JPG

And then before coming home I headed to MEPS and administered the oath of office to my son's step daughter who joined the Air Force.

Ashley1.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations and kudos to your grandson and granddaughter!

Fewer answer the call -- but those who do seem to know why it's a responsibility.

You need to smile more for the cameras -- we get fewer opportunities as we age. :)

Awesome, congratz! watching my daughter join the service was bitter sweet. The sweet was that she was joining, the bitter was that it was the army. Hard for an old Marine to stomach :)

Congrats Kraig! You have a great looking family, you're also a "distinguished" looking feller yourself! :D

A big thanks to you and your grandson for your service.

Congrats! Now please remind him to pay attention to his NCOs :)

Never forget what a wise 1SGT told me as an ANG Pilot Candidate awaiting AMS...

"As a new Lieutenant, never miss a good opportunity to shut the fuck up."

Nice, I'm really happy for you as family is everything, but I had you pictured much younger Kraig! ha ha

Congrats kraig, nice looking family and thank you for all your blood, sweat , and tears for me and our country!

Good Stuff Kraig, lots to be proud of, not the least of which is still fitting into your blues. Would you care to share with the rest of us how you manage that? I don't know what it is in a closet that makes old dress uniforms shrink, but you seem to have found a way of combatting it.

Sincerest Congratulations Sir.

Now please remind him to pay attention to his NCOs

We had a good long talk about that. I told him the first thing that would happen when he got assigned to his unit the Army will issue him a Plt Sgt. That will be his most important tool he has.

The second thing I pushed was to forget the GPS and learn to use a map and compass. Third was guns worked, dirty or clean, if you don't spare the oil.

but I had you pictured much younger Kraig

No sir, I'm old and tired. I joined in '66 and retired in '92.

lots to be proud of, not the least of which is still fitting into your blues. Would you care to share with the rest of us how you manage that?

That's simple, all you have to do is buy a new set. Seems my wife washed my old set in hot water and they shrunk.

Last edited:
We had a good long talk about that. I told him the first thing that would happen when he got assigned to his unit the Army will issue him a Plt Sgt. That will be his most important tool he has.

The second thing I pushed was to forget the GPS and learn to use a map and compass. Third was guns worked, dirty or clean, if you don't spare the oil.

No sir, I'm old and tired. I joined in '66 and retired in '92.

That's simple, all you have to do is buy a new set. Seems my wife washed my old set in hot water and they shrunk.
That's funny there! Since joining this site I figured you were an older gentleman due to the wisdom of your post. Thanks again and by the way you are carrying age well.

Congratulations! A great moment for everyone I am sure.

Congrats and thank you to you and your family for your sacrifices.

I can only imagine what you would look like if you ever got the call to come pick him up from the county pokey if that's your happy face.

Ryan

It's not just the Plt Sgt he can learn from. All of his NCO's will have knowledge and experience, they have all been in longer and most likely all have done at least 1 tour.

Congratulations to him and good luck at IOBC and Ranger school.

You must have felt very proud to have been able to pin him yourself.