• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Brass Tumbling

majohnson2

Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Front Range, CO
[h=1][FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

http://www.amazon.com/Model-A-R6-9-Rock-Tumbler/dp/B000O0PVTQ/ref=sr_1_45?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1396563245&sr=1-45&keywords=rock+tumbler
[/h]
Anyone use the smaller size Thumlers tumbler. On their website it what they recommend for brass polishing. I'm only looking to do 50 to 100 cases at a time, buying the larger unit doesn't make since for smaller quanitys.

20140403_121339_zps3jreemyb.jpg
20140403_121329_zpskmrdukry.jpg

Go to stainlesstumblingmedia.com for a Thumblers tumbler. Buy once, cry once. That tumbler cleans the hell out of dirty brass inside and out. Primer pockets are clean as well.

The tumblers made by the same company, just a small size. I only go though 50 - 60 rounds per range trip. Plus for either caliber I have a 100 rounds of brass that I cycle through for each. As long as I can do 100 pieces its all I need. As for the pins I already purchased them from a fellow hider.

Thumbler seem to be standard for tumbles, we will see how other review the Frankford. The big thing I just don't need 30lb capacity, I just don't process that much brass at a given time.

Last edited:
Brass Tumbling

Well you will just have to shoot more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use the Harbor Freight rock tumbler. Bought it for $54.00. Works great for 50-60 pieces of .308 brass. Bought the STM refresh kit with lemon shine.

x2 on the harbor freight kit. I bought the tumbler and and media and still have less than 60 bucks in it and it wont break. Bought just to try out stainless media and figured it prolly wouldnt last to long and then I would upgrade to a thumblers but that ol girl keeps on running and will never look back for sure now hooked on the stainless brass bath.

i went to that website are you familiar with that rebel 17 is it any good it comes in a kit with the media and a separator and a solution thats why i am asking

Looks like the Rebel 17 is a newer version of the one that I have. They addressed issues people were having with the original. If you think you will use it, get it IMO. I shoot 100% suppressed so the brass is dirty as hell. The pics show what come out on the other end. Not something I will have to replace so the investment was not a problem for me to justify. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, call the guys at SSM, they are very friendly and very helpful.

I saw this and was intrigued. I would like to hear your feedback on it.

I haven't used it yet, but I might tomorrow. If I do, I'll post my thoughts.

I just ran ~36 loads of brass through the Thumber's Tumbler, stainless media, Dawn, and Lemi Shine I heard about here on SH reloading ~~ 2.5 years ago.
Thumler's Tumbler Model B High Speed Rotary Case Tumbler 110 Volt

I replaced the wing nuts with 5 knobs from ENCO
328-2259 1/4-20 A5 LOBE GIBRALTAR SOFT TOUCHKNOB 6 1.54 $9.24

<tbody>
</tbody>

Attachments

• Tumbling brass in the basement 4-1-2014.jpg
    Tumbling brass in the basement 4-1-2014.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 19