• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Break choice.

Satterlee

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2019
I have a couple of Carbon Six barrels with 1.0 inch muzzle diameters. Which self-timing muzzle break is best for the 1.0 inch muzzle diameter.
I'm looking for a break with a 1.0 + counter bore in its timing nut so as to cover the timing gap between the nut and the barrel.
Looked at the MDT Elite break but no info on their site as to nut size and other specifics, other than thread sizes and pitch.
suggestions?

I use the Gen 3 little bastard not sure on the fit mine is .930 at the threads but it should be pretty close..
Going to the range tomorrow to start the break in on my 6.5 1-7.5 27.5 in Carbon 6 barrel.

Eric Cortina's PRS tuner brake has a body diameter of 1.1" and a tapered nut diameter of .930" I wonder if you could remove a bit off the taper length to make it match your 1" diameter. Could be pretty nice especially if you have a SS barrel which makes this modification easy.

The Little/Fat Bastard brakes are great if you like getting headaches. Look at the PVA brakes if you don't.

Reactions: JGR1953