• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Break for Rem 5R - 308

I run an AAC brake with a suppressor. It makes the rifle a totally different animal and much more enjoyable to shoot.

Hope that helps and good luck in your search.

I run a RAD break on my 5r, it make it much more enjoyable to shoot all day.

I just bought a JEC. I have not yet shot it. I looked at the thread, what the pros shoot, and many used it. I also considered JP and a little bastard.

I ran an Ops Inc brake on a 308win PSS and it worked quite well. No complaints and they offer it in .866" OD that matches right up with the Remington contour. Also I had a Surefire brake on a 308win SPS Tactical. Here's some pics of the 2 brakes on two different rifles during different stages of progression.

PSS2ndReturn_1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSCN0724-Copy-1.jpg

Badger FTE. I use this on my .308 easily removed for cleaning or F-Class and reduces recoil very well. Not so nice to shoot on either side of.

Ross Schuler. Inexpensive, great guy to deal with.

And for the install, I can recommend Short Action Customers. They cut back the barrel, recrown, thread, install and time teh brake, contour to the barrel, and Cerakote. $125 plus return shipping. And in my case (may not be for you, depending on circumstances) the turn around, DOOR TO DOOR, was a WEEK.

OK..

thanks for all the ideas..
Now how big a job is this install..
there is a smith about 1 hr away and was thinking of bringing it there but have no idea how good they are or aren't
That's really an issue in this area of Canada..
I don't have many contacts !

Kyle