• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BRNO No.4 barrel tuning screw?

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
Last year I glommed a BRNO No.4 rifle in great shape. I've been getting it ready for a rimfire match and checked the barrel bedding to see if the barrel was free floating.

6SB8Ojq.jpg

h5QqFjm.jpg

I hadn't noticed before, but the stock is made to cradle the barrel near the end of the stock, so it is definitely not free floating.

hfMPki7.jpg

MPWREIu.jpg

I also noted that there is some kind of screw in the front sling swivel assembly which appears to be some kind of tuning screw, possibly like the tuning screws in the Remington 40X stock.

sfGjdTf.jpg

fswE6ho.jpg

Anyone know anything about that screw and how it is used?

Last edited:
Last year I glommed a BRNO No.4 rifle in great shape. I've been getting it ready for a rimfire match and checked the barrel bedding to see if the barrel was free floating.

6SB8Ojq.jpg

h5QqFjm.jpg

I hadn't noticed before, but the stock is made to cradle the barrel near the end of the stock, so it is definitely not free floating.

hfMPki7.jpg

MPWREIu.jpg

I also noted that there is some kind of screw in the front sling swivel assembly which appears to be some kind of tuning screw, possibly like the tuning screws in the Remington 40X stock.

sfGjdTf.jpg

fswE6ho.jpg

Anyone know anything about that screw and how it is used?
There's a few threads over on RimfireCentral like this https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474970 about this rifle. Looks like a trial and error process to adjust the tensioner until you find the sweet spot.

Reactions: Calfed
I meant to shoot this sooner, but just now got around to it.

50 yds with Lapua Midas+. First shot ("cold bore") went through the center of the target. Next 5 were slightly lower.

Fbvcaxa.jpg