• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broken Atlas Bipod

Grapeshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2013
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I was looking up why my atlas bipod was so stiff, and came across this old thread, and when I tried the fix (wrapped knob in a dish towel at first, then turned by hand; after that failed I tried a strap wrench), and after about a quarter turn the knob fell off and then the whole thing came apart.

1471809_10153648535620422_688634094_n.jpg

1486913_10153648535625422_1656561452_n.jpg

It looks like the bolt that held the knob in place was cross threaded at some point, and turning the knob caused everything to fall apart. I'm not sure if it came from the factory like that, because I bought the bipod used.

Does Kasey work for Accu-Shot? Should I PM him, or contact Accu-Shot directly?

Just PM Kasey. He'll get back to you pretty fast.

Yeah you can do that too. Kasey is a cool guy to bullshit with.

Reactions: ZY100
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I was looking up why my atlas bipod was so stiff, and came across this old thread, and when I tried the fix (wrapped knob in a dish towel at first, then turned by hand; after that failed I tried a strap wrench), and after about a quarter turn the knob fell off and then the whole thing came apart.

View attachment 24539

View attachment 24540

It looks like the bolt that held the knob in place was cross threaded at some point, and turning the knob caused everything to fall apart. I'm not sure if it came from the factory like that, because I bought the bipod used.

Does Kasey work for Accu-Shot? Should I PM him, or contact Accu-Shot directly?

Same thing happened with mine. Sent it off and had it back fixed within a week. I offered to pay, as I broke it, but no, they fixed it free. We need more service like this, more companies that care about the people buying their products.

Thanks

Same thing happened with one of my atlas bipods. Bought two and one clearly didn't work correctly. Tried to fix it and broke it. Steve at Triad recommended contacting Kasey. Problem solved within a week at no cost to me... Working great for about a couple of years now.

Tag. I may have the same issue here as my tension knob won't move.... it too feels like it might be cross threaded.

Good to hear about the outstanding CS.

Had this happen to me recently. I bought a lightly used one from a guy online. Its headed back to Wichita for repair.

i ended up having 2 that went bad, but with exact opposite problem, the knoc wouldn’t hold tension anymore. they were fixed and with no issues.

Reactions: ShtrRdy