• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broken off magazine release lever on my Accuracy International AT

Terminator2

Just another carbon unit
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
San Jose - California
10 days ago I was looking in my gun safe and found a 1/2" x 3/8 " rectangular piece of blued metal with rounded edges at one end an a broken end at the other end. This obviously was a part to something and broken off. I made a cursory look at my rifles and shotguns and assorted parts I have stored in the safe and couldn't determine what the part went to. I ultimately tossed it out. Yesterday while inserting a magazine into my AI AT, when I tried to release the mag with the magazine release lever, I discovered that there was no lever as it was broken off at the bottom of the mag well and missing. Well, now I know what the unidentified piece of metal was that I found 10 days ago. I really couldn't understand what could have caused the lever to break off in the safe as I've never dropped anything on it. I also was surprised to see how fragile the mag release lever is. It is metal as it is magnetic and the area at the point of the break actually looks to be similar to pot metal. I would have thought that it would have been of a heavier duty metal. I've searched the internet for possible a possible replacement lever without success. I've emailed Euro Optics where I bought the gun back in 2014 and asked if they sell the part and can it be installed without sending it back but I've not heard back from them. Has anyone had an issue like this with your AI AT?

Attachments

• photo80927.jpg
    photo80927.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 9
  • photo80928.jpg
    photo80928.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10
No problem with mine. You'll probably have to send it off to MHS for their certified AI repair guys to work on it...

I think it's held in with a single roll pin; certainly something you should be able to replace on your own without sending it in.

Give Mile High a call, they should be able to send you a new mag release lever pretty quickly. Otherwise call EuroOptic to see if it's something covered under warranty, but don't be surprised if they don't have the part on hand.