• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Browning A-5 makes a comeback...

Re: Browning A-5 makes a comeback...

Nice. The sweet 16 is headed to SD to chase upland later in the month. A more weather resistant a5 for duck would be a nice option.

I think this is awesome. When I was younger I thought the humpback was ugly as sin but now I have a profound respect for it. I'm glad its getting a new lease on life and I hope Browning doesn't cut any corners. These things were built like tanks, no doubt about it.

Spring 2012 can't come soon enough now. Can't wait to get another one..Love the A5's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spring 2012 can't come soon enough now. Can't wait to get another one..Love the A5's </div></div>

Amen, brother!!!

Been shooting A-5's for years. Hope this one is a tuff as they guarantee it to be. Will buy a new one if the reviews are good.

Man, i'm drooling already. Is it spring yet? I have a Sweet 16 and love it. Would love to add a 12ga to my collection.

Damn. Just followed the link. That ain't an A5.....

I have an old FN/Browning A-5 ca 1952 that I still hunt squirrel and rabbit with. Love too much to part with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn. Just followed the link. That ain't an A5..... </div></div>

Exactly.

Glad I have a pair of Belgian A5s.

Hands down my favorite shotgun.

Dad bought me one for Christmas a few months ago. Loved hunting with my Grandfather's. Best U-turn to gun case on the side of the highway he has ever made.

If I read the msrp right 1500.00????

I'm glad I have one that I've had for 25yrs and only payed 525 for it. The first long gun purchase when I turned 18.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santee116</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been waiting a long time to see if they would bring back the lovable "humpback". When you grow up shooting one, it's hard to change. Can't wait to try one of these out.

For the fellow A-5 lovers out there.

http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=372 </div></div>

Its not going to be a real A5. Only in name will it be an A5. The humpback might be the only thing similar. I just got the latest and greatest shotgun last year (The Maxus). Seems like every year there is a new latest and greatest marketing scheme.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I read the msrp right 1500.00????

I'm glad I have one that I've had for 25yrs and only payed 525 for it. The first long gun purchase when I turned 18.

</div></div>

$1500 sounds about right. Can't wait.

LOVE the A5. Saw that link a few weeks ago and got pretty pumped.

Grew up with grandpas sweet 16 and now i got a belgian sweet 16 to call my own. Definately would be the last gun to ever go!

I just hope the new A5 gives the Benellis a run for their money....
grin.gif

The Auto-5, or original A5, was considered by John M. Browning to be his single greatest accomplishment.

I'm pretty new to these forums. I'm proud to say that I shoot for Browning and was involved with the testing of the new A5. We took the A5, along with the new entry to the O/U market, the 725, to Argentina for high volume shooting to be documented by a full camera crew. I had no idea what the new shotguns to be introduced would be and was sworn to secrecy about them until the national sales meeting held the first week in October.

When I first received the shotguns and removed them from the hard shipping case, I was pretty much sent for a loop...nostalgia-wise. It was kinda like any sequence you might see in a movie with swirling flashbacks of times past in a character's life.

You see, my Grandfather had an Auto-5 12 gauge in his collection. As a little kid, I was fascinated with his collection and regularly made trips to the basement to carefully look them over. He always told me the high regard in which he held the Browning Auto-5. It made quite an impression on me. During WWII, he gave it, along with his other long guns, to the military for use in any capacity. This was common. All of his firearms were returned after the War was over, including the Auto-5, thankfully.

After his passing during my teenage years, I inherited the Browning Auto-5. I used it in the field for everything; Ducks, Quail, Doves. The first Sporting Clays Competition I entered, I won with my Grandfather's Auto-5. It's in my safe right now. It really was an incredible full circle dream coming true to be offered the opportunity to shoot for Browning after competing and doing very well for many years

You can imagine my feelings when I removed the new A5 from its case and shouldered it.

I'm happy to report that the A5 was able to kill a few doves in Argentina....LOL!

BrowningArgentina2011095.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcamuglia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Auto-5, or original A5, was considered by John M. Browning to be his single greatest accomplishment.

I'm pretty new to these forums. I'm proud to say that I shoot for Browning and was involved with the testing of the new A5. <span style="color: #FF0000">We took the A5, along with the new entry to the O/U market, the 725, to Argentina for high volume shooting to be documented by a full camera crew.</span> I had no idea what the new shotguns to be introduced would be and was sworn to secrecy about them until the national sales meeting held the first week in October.

When I first received the shotguns and removed them from the hard shipping case, I was pretty much sent for a loop...nostalgia-wise. It was kinda like any sequence you might see in a movie with swirling flashbacks of times past in a character's life.

You see, my Grandfather had an Auto-5 12 gauge in his collection. As a little kid, I was fascinated with his collection and regularly made trips to the basement to carefully look them over. He always told me the high regard in which he held the Browning Auto-5. It made quite an impression on me. During WWII, he gave it, along with his other long guns, to the military for use in any capacity. This was common. All of his firearms were returned after the War was over, including the Auto-5, thankfully.

After his passing during my teenage years, I inherited the Browning Auto-5. I used it in the field for everything; Ducks, Quail, Doves. The first Sporting Clays Competition I entered, I won with my Grandfather's Auto-5. It's in my safe right now. It really was an incredible full circle dream coming true to be offered the opportunity to shoot for Browning after competing and doing very well for many years

You can imagine my feelings when I removed the new A5 from its case and shouldered it.

I'm happy to report that the A5 was able to kill a few doves in Argentina....LOL!

BrowningArgentina2011095.jpg

</div></div>

See Red

Of course that is what every company with every shotgun for marketing does, go to Argentina! So typical! It was John M. Browning's greatest accomplishment along with the 1911, and the High Power. They should bring back John M. Browning's original design of perfection if they want to call it an A5. If not call it something else and quit using his name and the popularity of the A5 for marketing something completely new. I would probably buy a new (built as originally designed) A-5, as they are proven and tested. Cool job getting to shoot for Fabrique Nationale (FN)Herstal Group, of Belgium

They already tried this once with the A500. The only thing A5 about that gun is the name. Fail.

Let's be honest, you could go down to Argentina with a bucket of rocks and kill birds.

Just watched that YouTube video. It's gayer than a bag of dicks. Does this marketing team even hunt? I don't associate green grass with waterfowl hunting. This whole thing screams marketing failure.

Damn that thing is fugly
sick.gif
If they are gonna build Auto 5s, then dammit make 'em look and run like Auto 5s.