• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing BS hunting story

1625080554595.png

your buddy's name wouldn't be josh would it? lol looks like a buddy i know

Sitting at my mom's house, minding my own business when my step sister's boyfriend walks up to talk hunting and guns. Great! Seems like a good dude, has a job, works hard, and is good to my sister.

First couple sentences out of his mouth made it seem like he knew a thing or two. I brought up the fact that I'm planning to buy a desert tech by the end of the year. He knew what it was, asked which caliber I wanted, told him 300 win mag and then a 6.5 creed conversion. That's when the BS started flowing...

My choice of 300 win mag is apparently flawed, he and his grandpa (who he claims was a badass sniper in the Nam) built him an 06 that will kill deer up to a mile and anything else is a waste. "Shot a doe last year at 1000 yards, right between the eyes." I fought SSOOOOOO hard not to call bullshit. I mean, yes people have killed deer that far. But not this kid. No goddamn way.

I let it slide, and then he hits me with the jack rabbit at 400 with the .22. Apparently this guy is dead eye dick!

Delving deeper into the 06 god gun, it was revealed it's a savage in a b&c stock with a simmons 3x9x40 that his grandpa "got to keep when he got out". Man I love knowing what shit is when people show their gun pictures off. Them green boxes from walmart are what he uses for feeding it.

I just dont get it, why the hell did he feel the need to lie? So many damn times... clearly someone mentioned I'm a gun guy. I hunt, a lot. I generally know what I'm talking about. So why go above and beyond with the bullshit... I'm 100 percent going to invite him out to the range to put his abilities to the test.

Aaaannnndddd...........this is why I avoid gun/shooting conversations with anyone I don't know

Maybe their 1000 yards is a little less than the norm?🤓
Or it's those Jedi projectiles, the ones that defy gravity and go where ever the shooter wants.
Wish I had some of those.😈

Shooting prowess bullshit is easy to sort out.
Either you can or you can't.

BugIn

I had a guy one time that said he shot a deer at 1000 yards. Feigning acceptance, I asked what his hold-over was for a shot like that. He said “12 inches” 😳

Reactions: deersniper