• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bubble level for ZCO

simpy16

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Boise, ID
What are people using for a bubble level on a ZCO. Making a chassis change and will need to add a bubble level. Not sure if I want to stomach the cost of the electronic SendIt but have seen how great they are, also not sure if I can get away with a rail mounted option like a HopticUSA that is low profile and can be adaptable on different rifles and different tube sizes.
Been out of the bubble level game for a few years and not sure what to be looking at!

Reactions: Alpha Incog
I use the MK machining tube body mounted level on mine currently and really like it. I will be switching to the Hawkins heavy tactical rings when they are available that have a level built in to the top of the front ring.

I use spuhr for everything prs now
I do too, but I cant see the bubble level unless I take my face off the rifle. I need something I can reference while still in the scope.

I use the MK machining tube body mounted level on mine currently and really like it. I will be switching to the Hawkins heavy tactical rings when they are available that have a level built in to the top of the front ring.

How do you use the level when it is on top of the scope? I am thinking from a PRS application when you are moving and setting up a rifle how you make sure the rifle is level without coming off the scope?

US Optics rail mount is one I use. Folds out of the way. Caldwell makes a rail mount folder for a lot less. Warne scope mount is another good bubble level. It slides closed when not in use. Both, USO and W, are a little spendee but worth it. Have Spuhr's 4000 series rings w/integral bubble level but like another person said, have to take eye off scope to see it.

Tyler w/MKM makes good stuff :)

I do too, but I cant see the bubble level unless I take my face off the rifle. I need something I can reference while still in the scope.

How do you use the level when it is on top of the scope? I am thinking from a PRS application when you are moving and setting up a rifle how you make sure the rifle is level without coming off the scope?

The level sits right above the parallax knob (for a righty) offset from the main tube body. You can see it while behind the scope easy enough with your off eye.

Reactions: gebhardt02
More or less, this is what you see while in the scope. Top is the ZCO with MK level. Bottom is Hawkins Heavy Tactical Rings. It is often nice to have the level on the scope if you don't setup the rifle perfectly level, then you can still level the reticle to the world and match the level to it.

IMG_20200528_085304.jpg
IMG_20200528_085451.jpg

Reactions: nostyta
How about a Near Alpha Mount with the optional bubble level that screws into the cross bolt?

Much better mount than the competition, and less $$$. Richard Near will make the mount just about any height and slope you desire. Plus they are very light, made out of Titanium Alloy with made in USA hardware. Reference all the people with stripped hardware made in China that have Spuhr mounts.

www.trg42.com

IMG_20200528_102530335_HDR.jpg

Reactions: nostyta
I will second the observation above.

Without going into the shortcomings of the Spuhr (or any other) mounts, I will say that Richard Near at trg42.com makes the best machined, best designed mounts/rings available.

That I have seen, at any rate.

You get to call, discuss your exact needs, a few simple measurements, and the custom mount is sent out later that same day, if one of his in stock mounts doesn't work for your particular application.