• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bubble level options for S&B Ultrashort

vivo

Minuteman
May 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I recently purchased a new S&B 5-20x50 Ultrashort and after mounting it in the rings(Murphy Precision) realized how little tube is left for mounting a bubble level. I have a vortex 34mm which I would have to cram in there making things pretty tight and a couple of USO rail mounts that won't fit because the scope is too close to the rail.

What is my best option now? Rings with a built in level? Rail with a built in level?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

may 01 2014 028.jpg

Id get the Night Force rings with the built in level. I believe they make a 34mm version
Edit: they make a level with or without the ADI in 34mm

Last edited:
I would always run with bubble attached to the main tube and personally avoid anything that was hinged as well as it's another thing that could effect its accuracy IMHO .

I was going to suggest the Accuracy 1st Level because it looked to be the narrowest but damn, I don't think there is room for even that one on that scope main tube...

Maybe if you move it back until the rear ring touches the knob housing you may have enough room between the front of the housing and the front ring, but I don't know if having a ring up against the housing is bad or not.

I was going to suggest the Accuracy 1st Level because it looked to be the narrowest but damn, I don't think there is room for even that one on that scope main tube...

Maybe if you move it back until the rear ring touches the knob housing you may have enough room between the front of the housing and the front ring, but I don't know if having a ring up against the housing is bad or not.

How wide is the Accuracy 1st? The Vortex is 1/2" but maybe i can jam it in there. What is the narrowest scope mountes bubble level? There must be something out there less than 1/2" right?

I would suggest a Suphr mount with bubble level from Mile High. Have worked great on my S&B 3-20 and 5-25. Mile High should knows what height and ring spacing will fit your needs and always great to work with.

As The 5-20 rear maintube is to short Our current mounts does not work. We will make a 1.35" 0 moa mount for it but it will surely take another month

As The 5-20 rear maintube is to short Our current mounts does not work. We will make a 1.35" 0 moa mount for it but it will surely take another month

That sounds good too. Will that mount have an integrated bubble level or any provision for mounting a bubble level?

a SPURH mount would do the trick.It has a built in level, and if you are sporting a 5-20 it probably isn't an issue on price either.

Looks like there might be enough room for a Tubb level on the forward section of the tube, they're only about 0.350" wide.

Tubb Precision Bubblevel? (Scope Mounted Cant Indicator) 34mm

I recently ordered and returned the Tubb level. it was poorly finished and i would not put that on an S&B scope, the screw mounting threads looked cut by hand, sloppy and not perpendicular to the surface. Maybe it was just mine but I returned that at my loss cause they did not see anything wrong with it.