• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Buck knife 110 hunters folder

ms6852

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
I had one of these on my side for 21 years when I was in the army and served me well. I gave mine to my nephew when he joined the marines as good luck and it served him well in Afghanistan too. I missed mine so I went to walmart and lo and behold they had one for $27.99, every one else seems to have them for $30 to $40 dollars more. As an inexpensive knife for those of you who have never owned one, you can never go wrong owning one of this.

I got mine for a song when Buck closed out their inventory and left San Diego. It's one of those knives that everyone should own.

I really like them too. I have 3 of the Buck 110's. They are safe queens though. My every day carry knife is one I got free from Copenhagen.

They are a good knife. I used one for my main hunting knife forty years ago. I used to use it for gutting a lot of deer. I even used it for breaking the rib cage open. One day I was doing that and the pin that holds the blade from flipping back broke. I mailed the knife into the factory, and they sent me a new one.

I have one of these knives tied onto my saddle. You never know when a knife will come in handy.

Some people say that Buck knives are too hard to sharpen. All I know is they also hold an edge for a long time. I love Buck Knives.

This is off the subject, but I almost poked my own eye out with one of these knives. That really sounds stupid but it really happened. A friend had killed a mountain goat. We were up on the side of a cliff, trying to get the hide off that goat, before it got dark. I was skinning way to fast. I came to the tail bone and started pulling on my knife, trying to cut through that. The knife finally cut through and my fist holding the knife came right up my nose point first..... I knew I had just poked my eye out......I started to go into shock......I lay there for a few seconds, and then I realized I could still see out of it..... My thumb had hit my eye ball really hard, but somehow the point had missed my eye. My nose had a cut the length of it. A lot of blood was dripping.

My buddy was a Special Forces medic. He had me lay with my feet up hill, and then I started feeling better. Finally, I felt good enough to go back to skinning.

I guess the number one rule is don't cut toward yourself.....