• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

buckmark advice

corvette

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
Hey all. I have a some questions about a buckmark I am looking at. I can purchase it used for 279 + tax with one mag. It seams to be clean and in good shape. Second, it is a slab side, I want to put on a tac/sol round barrel can this be done since it came with the slab side? What are your thoughts on a AAC or SWR spectre can. I want a quality set up that will last and can be taken apart and cleaned. Thanks. Troy

Re: buckmark advice

Troy, Your GTG. The Tac Sol Trail-Lite barrel replaces the entire barrel assembly. Mine was a slab slide as well, replaced with a 7.25" Tac-Sol.

IMHO:
- Flip the trigger spring, "lightens trigger"
- Factory Browning Trigger with trigger stop
- Tactical Solutions 4" Threaded Barrel - CA sucks, no-suppressors.
IMO: I "prefer non-fluted" its light enough as is.
- Tactical Solutions Integral Rail w/ Rear Adj. Sight.

Have a great one,
FTK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Troy, Your GTG. The Tac Sol Trail-Lite barrel replaces the entire barrel assembly. Mine was a slab slide as well, replaced with a 7.25" Tac-Sol.

IMHO:
- Flip the trigger spring, "lightens trigger"
- Factory Browning Trigger with trigger stop
- Tactical Solutions 4" Threaded Barrel - CA sucks, no-suppressors.
IMO: I "prefer non-fluted" its light enough as is.
- Tactical Solutions Integral Rail w/ Rear Adj. Sight.

Have a great one,
FTK </div></div>How do you like the tac sol barrel? I purchased a buckmark a couple of weeks ago and find it to be very accurate. I normally shoot it at 25 yds.

+1 on flipping the sear spring over. The "Heggis Flip" (a guy in Norway is generally credited with the idea) may be the coolest home-gunsmithing trick there is. Combined with some very light polishing, this got the trigger pull on mine down to about 2.5 lbs.

You can find detailed instructions, with pics, here: Heggis Flip - RimfireCentral.com

Sorry if this is a hijack, but anyone have to replace more than one buffer on a BuckMark?

I bought a used one, made in 1994, and shot it today. Very accurate and no obvious problems. I detail stripped it at home and found a lot of sludgy crap and the buffer was gooey and fell apart. I ordered a new one and, after following the links through rimfire central, find I should have oredered a few other parts to make use of the $8.00 shipping charge.

Looks like nothing to worry about when I get the new buffer but lots of future problems start out that way!

Re: buck mark advice

You will be very pleased with the TS barrel and the integrated sight rail combo. They make for a sweet shooter. My oldest Buck Mark is an 1985 and the black buffer was floating around in pieces. I replaced it along with a new spring, and all is well. When you do the heggis flip make sure that the bottom of the spring is in the V. Regards
CIMG0849.jpg

Wow!

You know there just seems to be no end to the things, interests and specialties one can find forums on! I have had a Ruger 22/45 for years and enjoy shooting it. I happenend to find my Buckmark, used, for sale at my favorite gun store and thought, "No Brainer!" I had no idea there so many people who love this pistol so dearly. And what a joy to disasemble/reassemble compared to the 22/45!

For $140.00 it was definitely a great buy. A few blemishes on the sight rail and barrel, but otherwise in good condition (besides waiting for a new buffer!)

Now I need to punch out some holsters.

Kaz,

That pistol looks great. What can is that?

Thanks, it is a Yankee Hill MITE. This is it on a TS 4" on my 1985 BM that had the buffer shot out. New buffer/recoil spring and many bricks later it shoots as good as my newer one. Regards
CIMG0835.jpg

These pictures make me wish we could have suppressors here in MN. Talk about a perfect walking squirrel gun!

My BM (Camper) has been a great gun so far. Thousands of rounds shot, no issues whatsoever, and top accuracy.