• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bucks of 2009 - Added another one

B_Town75

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Wichita Falls, Texas
I got this guy this morning 11/07/09 shot at about 100 yards with an LR308.

IMG_0513.jpg

Added 11/16/09: Here is a pic of another Buck I took yesterday. Shot with same rifle at just over 200 yards.

8_point_Pics_11-16-09_006.jpg

Now I get to go out with the camera... Maybe I can get livetohunt on film taking one...

Happy Hunting-
Brandon

Re: First Buck of 2009

Fine looking buck! What did you shoot him with?

Donovan,

I don't think he has yet, but that could change anyday... We are very blessed! We have been seeing a lot of good ones.

Take Care-
Brandon

Congrats on a nice buck! what 308 round are you shooting? also, how many yard shot did you take? i plan on using my new .308 stick this year, got a couple different brands of ammo. gota work opening day though, bummer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B_Town75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, he was shot with DPMS LR308...</div></div>

Great looking buck!
I also hunt with the same rifle and am shooting some Hornday 168 ballistic tips and they have not let me down yet.

I am shooting 168 gr blackhills A-Max... This shot was only about 100 yards, but I have several kills on hogs out to 400 yards. I have never had anything run off that was shot with this load...

Thanks,
Brandon

To the top with an 20" 8 point that I shot yesterday. He was chasing a doe at just over 200 yards. The LR did it again, shot behind the shoulder and dropped in his tracks.

Man I love that gun, in my opinion, it can be beat!

BEAUTY.iALWAYS WANTED TO GO AFTER THE WHITE-TAIL.I'am an admitted pack in by horse mulie hunter.My biggest so far is a6x7 with three drop tines and 34" wide.I checked in with Sportsman wherehouse and won a long sleeved 30"AWARD shirt.It was pretty fun as I was never expecting anything but a pix of the deer for their disply board.