• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget R700 Stock

Suicideprodigy

CDs Nuts
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2020
Does anyone have some recommendations on a budget remington 700 SA stock that is decent for the price? I want to surprise my brother with a new stock since he is still shooting a youth model and being a 6' adult it doesn't seem to suit him too well. Financially he isn't in a position to be thinking of upgrading so I would like to upgrade for him, preferably sub $250. Love to hear some inputs. Thanks Hide!

Bell and Carlson, maybe an h-s precision. Another 75 bucks and u can get a krg bravo. Find a take off from the px section

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Im having a rifle built on one of these......the M40 profile SA BDL. If you are patient he gets some really fine figured walnut. Email him and request a figured blank.

Last edited:
I personally like Bell & Carlson stocks, but the last few years they seem to have pulled way back on retailers carrying their stuff in favor of direct sales...limits ability for discount codes & deals.

Magpul Hunter is an option at the mid-200 pricepoint, they're "okay" at the price point and definitely an upgrade over OE tupperware or a Hogue Overmold, but having previously owned two I find the extra money for the KRG Bravo worth it.

Here's a Magpul Hunter in the PX:

Last edited:
Magpul Hunter isn’t anything crazy high speed but is a nice upgrade for that price. As shown above, you can find them all over for around $200. Their DBM is inexpensive and works. You can easily (and cheaply) install QD sling mounts and a bipod rail.

I also pushed friends towards snagging them used because of their budgets. If you have a few more bucks, a lot of people have great things to say about the KRG Bravo. Either way, he won’t be let down.

Reactions: Suicideprodigy
Grayboe is a solid choice too. They and red hawk rifles just had 20% off for black friday which put some of their models around $270.

Straight value it's hard to beat the Magpul, especially if the current rifle is an ADL and you'd have to drop money on bottom metal that's normally $100-$150 elsewhere. Bell and carlson for the traditional feel in your price range and they have models for ADL or floorplate setups.

Does anyone have some recommendations on a budget remington 700 SA stock that is decent for the price? I want to surprise my brother with a new stock since he is still shooting a youth model and being a 6' adult it doesn't seem to suit him too well. Financially he isn't in a position to be thinking of upgrading so I would like to upgrade for him, preferably sub $250. Love to hear some inputs. Thanks Hide!

Is his Rem a ADL or BDL? There are not allot of low budget stocks for the ADL's as there are for the BDL's. For your price point of 250$ or lower, I would look at the Boyd's AT One Stock. They are fully adjustable and are around 2-2.5 pounds and run around 200$. If you want to spend a little more, I would look at Bell and Carlson or Magpul.

I have a SA factory stock that I’d sell you for $50 plus shipping if you care.

Bear in mind if you go the Magpul route, the short action bottom metal (plastic) is about impossible to find right now... I recently just went through this on a budget build I did

Another vote for the Boyds At One stock. Wally world had a savage 22 in one. Stock felt really good for a boyds. They are priced well as well. Or as others have suggested hunt down a used H&S or B&C. I prefer the forend on the H&S since it is rounded.

Stay away from Hs precision, bell and Carlson or anything that needs bottom metal unless you already have it. The bottom metal alone will cost you half your budget. Just saying

It was mentioned before, but I'm very happy with both my Grayboe stocks. I have a Tikka T3 dropped into a Terrain and a 700 dropped into an Adj Renegade. Wouldn't hesitate to use another one. Frequent sales throughout the year, so keep on eye on their website or their social media posts.

Stay away from Hs precision, bell and Carlson or anything that needs bottom metal unless you already have it. The bottom metal alone will cost you half your budget. Just saying

Bell and Carlson has a few ADL models, but otherwise in agreement

Reactions: jcmullis2
Sub $250, I would pick up a Stocky's Polymer LR stock, no question asked. If I needed bottom metal, I would scour the web til I found some used BDL metal. If I could squeeze another $20-30 bucks out of the budget, one the Legacy Sport Ammo Boost plastic DBM conversion kits can be had for $65-$70ish.