• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Budget spotting scopes with reticle

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    I’m looking to grab a budget spotter with a reticle before going full send on a nice higher end option. Yes I know the adage of buy once, cry once but I’m broke as a joke currently.

I’ve bouncing between the Bushnell legend T and sightmark latitude both are 15-45x60 so magnification is the same, both are folded light arrangements but slight difference in reticle. I’m wondering if anyone has experience with one or possibly both and could point me in the right direction.

I’m looking to grab a budget spotter with a reticle before going full send on a nice higher end option. Yes I know the adage of buy once, cry once but I’m broke as a joke currently.

I’ve bouncing between the Bushnell legend T and sightmark latitude both are 15-45x60 so magnification is the same, both are folded light arrangements but slight difference in reticle. I’m wondering if anyone has experience with one or possibly both and could point me in the right direction.
    I have experience with the Sightmark version, likely made in the same OEM factory as the Bushnell.
    It has good glass for the ranges that I have looked through it, I can;t speak to extended ranges or poor light.
    I think it was a pretty solid, budget option.

Reactions: dirtybores
    Older Vortex Razor 20-60x85 with the Burris Signature 30x fixed MRAD eyepiece. Should be able to get there used for $600 - $800 depending on condition and is excellent quality.

Reactions: chiroz
    My buddy has the Bushnell Legend T. I have the Athlon Ares I think with the 22x reticle. The Athlon blows the bushnell out of the water as far as clarity and brightness goes. I guess up close (100yd range) it wasn't that really noticeable...but at 500yds, spotting shots were easier with the larger spotter. His does pack way smaller though.

Reactions: smcfarland
    Also use the Athlon Ares. Had the G1. Wind blew tripod over and mag ring stopped working. Sent in for warranty and had a brand new Ares G2 in my hands within two weeks. Now use the 22x reticle and works great for hunting/shooting steel out to 600. Elk hunts I switch to the 15-45 reticle. 5 years of use and still happy with the performance.

It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Reactions: King_beardsly