• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building a 16" creedmoor on gen2 small frame

ballistic1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2010
LaCrescent, MN
Hello all,

Seeking input on using the Gen2/ G2 small frame receivers to build on.

I am wanting to build an AR based creed for carry predator
hunting.

So my goal is perhaps a 16" 6 or 6.5 creed, to run suppressed.
Trying to keep my weight and overall length short to reduce
arm fatigue.

My initial questions are:

What do you think of the gen2 dpms small frame receivers?
Can a 16" creedmoor be built and hv good function?
meaning.. dwell times, what gas length should i pair to it, etc?

I recognise I will be giving up speed on the short bbl, Im ok with that.
I have plenty of other full sized guns.. this is a purpose built gun with priority set to be light and compact.

If you would please advise any input i wd appreciate it.

I am wanting to try the generation2 Dpms style small frame receivers but do not see much "buzz" about guys
using them..

I would prefer going 6 creed on this if possible/ feasible.. but either will suit me.

Looking around yields me to 18" offerings from various places, but I'd like to try 16" regardless if it functionally is
doable. Not opposed to having a bbl spun up custom, just need input beforehand.

I already am aware of other ar15 platform cartridges and have several.. 6.5 grendel, 204, 22 nosler, etc..
Im just wanting to try a creedmoor based carry gun.

Please advise if you have any experience in the Gen2 receivers or 16" creedmoor AR buildouts.

​​​​​​​Thanks..

It is a viable option, but Im ultimately trying to get down to 16" and whilst doing so, was investigating the
small frames receivers, since I have to assemble it anyway to shave the most weight and length possible.

I will have to get your opinion on the G2 once you've ran it some..
And yes, Calling Craddock and others to see if a 16 in creedmoor is doable is a good point.