• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bukakke Pool Pics 260Rem!

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    Surgeon Action
    Jewel Trigger set at 1 lb
    Bartlein 8TW, Chambered in 260Rem 26 inches long
    Tubb Brake
    Tubb Level
    The Stock is the prototype of a new stock, its one piece of T-6, the designer is letting me use it until the production run starts
    Atlas Bipod with one of Kasey's rail
    Tab Sling
    Badger Ordnance USMC contract rings
    Premier Reticle 5-25x56 FFP GenII XR
    Smithed by Lamphear Custom Arms
    1000769w.jpg

1000770q.jpg

1000771z.jpg

And the all important
    1000775p.jpg

It took me almost two years to get everything together, now all but one of Team Bukakke is thumping 260's

Re: Bukakke Pool Pics 260Rem!

Cool! Stock looks better with that paint job on it.

Interesting Chassis. Is it comparable in weight to the AICS or lighter?

When one tries to become a member of team Bukakke, does one have to take team cream?

Can you tell me about that Tubb brake? What do you think of it?

Snatcher that is the prototype and it's a little heavy, but the balance is perfect, the production ones will be about 4 pounds.

Thanx JRose

2 Dogs the Tubb brake kicks ass, it uses a jam nut to lock it in place, and it's tuneable, we all use them, the gun doesn't move, on my 308 I can see holes appear at 100 yards, and it's not loud for the shooter.

Oh and Snatcher, we could for go the creaming if we can crash at your pad when in town, it's really up to you though.

LOL no thank you, I don't like the cream, but your welcome to crash at my pad when in Vegas. You guys should come out and shoot the match then we can party.

4lbs, wow that's pretty light. very cool.

My latest global business venture:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5PHENQiJFzI&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5PHENQiJFzI&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNATCHER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL no thank you, I don't like the cream, but your welcome to crash at my pad when in Vegas. You guys should come out and shoot the match then we can party.

4lbs, wow that's pretty light. very cool. </div></div>

bukakke-gummy.jpg

You bet your ass, that will be my first time at 1k with it.

Fantastic shooting and a great looking rifle.

Would you mind letting me know why you decided to go with the PH 25x for glass. I am a big fan of that scope but would love to hear your reasoning.

Toddacguy(the brains of Team B) won one, he abused the hell out of it, I'm talking about beating it on phone books for hours everyday after work, working the knobs stop to stop for hours, and other abuse like letting roll around in the bed of his truck to and from the deer lease, guess what the scope tracked prefectly, the glass is great, so CKA and I hit up LibertyOptics and bought 2 with rings for an insanely low price, let's just say it was alot less than the one that's for sale right now on the board, I love this scope, it does everything you could ask from it, and keeps going, the glass in mine is much better than my NF, I disliked the reticle big time until I started using it, after a week and half I really like it now, the knobs have been worked pretty hard and no clicker issues at all, this is my first all Mil scope, my NF is all MOA, it's going back to NF for a all Mil conversion.

Thank you. Great to hear the review. Mine is at PH now having the turret levers replaced. (Great customer service from Paul) Love that glass and the reticle.

I like the color combo. I think I am going to paint my stock tan and my barrel FDE.

GeorgeMac your right Paul is GTG, he reads post here but rarely posts.

EricCartman I really like the color combo too, it turned out better than I hoped, that stock is just Krylon, Ceracoat on the action, I was thinking about having it water dipped Multicam but now I think I'll have production stock Ceracoated exactly the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Stock is the prototype of a new stock, its one piece of T-6, the designer is letting me use it until the production run starts
    </div></div>

Yes I think I know who that is. I got a chance to look at his stock a little bit.

Good looking rifle.

Pete, you're borderline on topic. I'm watching you.

Nicely done sir. Like the chassis system!

Get a pic of it with the suppressor attached?

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My latest global business venture:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5PHENQiJFzI&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5PHENQiJFzI&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

I dont know whats better, the rifle or this vid.....
    grin.gif

Nice stick 427!

Big Brown Truck just delivered my 260 barrel. Should be up and running shortly!

Fine looking rifle. I just picked up a bare Rem action from Brownell's and I am starting a 260 build. Is 26" the optimal length for your loads? Which rate of twist did you go with?

By the way, great video, CKA.