• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LA Precision Rifles - My New .260Rem

Barney88PDC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2009
Ft.Worth, TX
This is the second custom tactical rifle that I have had built by William Roscoe of LA Precision Rifles. http://laprecisionrifles.com/

I started acquiring parts for this gun in the beginning of 2010. It originally was going to be my second .308Win with a longer barrel but once I was able to get the velocity I was looking for out of my 19" .308Win I decided to go a different route. Luckly for me all I needed to do was sell my .30cal barrel blank and buy a 6.5mm barrel to turn this into a .260Rem.

I have only shot a handful of rounds to zero the scope and start inital load development. The second, thrid and fourth shots out of the gun period measured .305" so the initial results are promising. So far 42.0gr of H4350 under a 139 Scenar, Laupa brass, CCI BR2 is the best load. This load has shot 5 round groups of .370" at 100 and I still need to play with the seating depth.

So without further ado.

Action: Surgeon 591R
Barrel: 26" 1:8 Bartlein MTU threaded 5/8" x 24
Stock: KMW SENTINEL w/ I.M.B., LOP spacer system, Logger Head adjustable cheek peice
Bottom Metal: KMW
Bolt Knob: KMW Gen2
Trigger: Jewell set to 1#
Rings: Seekins 34mm 1.00" High
Optic: S&B 5-25x56 PM II Gen2 XR retical with CCW 0.1 MIL turrets
Bipod: ATLAS with QD
Sling: TAB Gear (not pictured)
Metal coated in Flat Black

u7l3c.jpg

2s0jrxk.jpg

kamsn7.jpg

14y9tuo.jpg

Re: LA Precision Rifles - My New .260Rem

Sir you have chosen the finest parts and one hell of a gun smith. William is top notch. Congrats on the rifle looks real nice.

Try the 140 berger BTLRs...they shoot in the .1s for me. best group to date on my .260rem was .585" group at 630y. It'll hold 1/3 moa to 770 as of date. Man you got to love those .260s!

love the color scheme on the stock. That is one fine looking rifle.

It just doesn't get any better than that (in my opinion). I don't think you could of had a better rifle built. Please post back with some range reports.

Great choice of components. Everything is top shelf. If I could get a Sentinel stock in the color I want, I would copy cat this build.

It is a beast at 17.5# on a bathroom scale but I could careless. IMO man up and don't be a pussy. I think too much is made about weight. My .308 is 14# so 3.5 more is not a big deal to me.

Thanks everyone for the kind replys.

Very nice job. Rifle came out very well and I'm sure it will shoot great too!

I want to make sure you know that the DBM bottom metal is not Surgeon as listed in your specs above. All design is KMW and it is manufactured for me in Idaho. It was designed at the same time as the stock and specifically blends with the bottom lines of this stock. It also has some other features like the internal snap rings to retain the stock bolts that make it unique.

This bottom metal will not work with any other A-Series or T-Series stock and is not meant to compete against Surgeon, Seekins, etc.

Thank you for your stock business. Be sure to advise if you ever have any issues or critique.

Make sure you post some range results!

Have a safe week,
Terry

Very nice. How long did it take you to get the stock?

That is one beautiful rifle. As I was reading through the build specs I found myself wishing this was a FS ad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney88PDC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a beast at 17.5# on a bathroom scale but I could careless. IMO man up and don't be a pussy. I think too much is made about weight. </div></div>

^^^LOL! +1....very VERY sweet looking stick bro!

You're the kind of man that likes to use the right tool for the job. I'm impressed.

If you really don't like it I WOULD CONSIDER TAKING IT OFF YOUR HANDS."LOL" Beautiful rifle.

Awesome rig Barney... Congratulations are in order. With Terry's stock and Roscoe's plumbing, that thing is a helluva rig!

Tyler

This stock has Terry's chassis system in it and I was very pleased with the receiver to stock fit and DBM to stock fit.

All in all a very nice package and a very well thought out system, congrats to Terry for this stock and chassis.

very nice build! you went top notch on all the parts. keep us updated on how she shoots

Nice stick! Definitely post when you get some range time with it.

Nice looking rifle made with great components. Should serve you very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another KMW SENTINEL........<span style="font-size: 20pt">I HATE YOU</span> </div></div>

Let's start a jealousy club

Ok well here is a teaser and a little back ground.

I have shot the gun on 3 different occasions. First load was 41.5 grains just for a starting point and zero the gun. The second trip was 4 different charge weights 41.0, 41.5, 42.0 and 42.5. I loaded 5 of each for testing and an additional 20 rds of the 41.5 to play with a little further out. I did my accuracy testing first and the 41.5gr shot the WORST of the 4 loads and murphys law that is what I had the most of. Well after doing my accuracy testing close we started at 600 then went to 700, 800, 900, and 1000. I was only shooting a few rounds at each distance to conserve ammo because I only had 20 rounds extra of the 41.5gr load.

Now this is hardly a group (and one could call it luck and I might have to agree with you) with only 2 shots but I fried twice at 800. Again wanting to keep ammo for 900 and 1000. Here is a pic of the target. The target is 18"W x 30" T

dq1955.jpg

This is a pic of the second third and fourth shot out of the rifle period. No load work.

sd1gkz.jpg

Beautiful rifle there Bannon!
Roscoe only knows how to build perfect rifles!

Perfect shot, now that the hostage is safely out if the way with a mere flesh wound you can fully take out that bad guy!!

Btw that is one sick lookin stick! Congrats

Very very nice boom stick. Im not sure if im now leaning towards Sentinel over an Acis lol.

I have the exact list of components right now. My Sentinel will be here next month then it's off to Robert Gradous. Very nice rifle.

Very nice.....love the stock colors. William built me an /06 last year and I should have a .223 carbon wrap barrel finished any day now. He is good people and a damn fine builder. Only bad part is so many folks are figuring that out but the product is worth the wait. The best part is he understands back woods Southern redneck so when I talk to him I don't have to repeat myself.

Nice Gun!!! I am with Tango___Down,260 is great,But any Gradous Rifle is great!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best part is he understands back woods Southern redneck so when I talk to him I don't have to repeat myself. </div></div>

whatchu tohm bout Greg?

33a5ix2.jpg

Lighk I sed beau, itz untellin the way you-uns innerrelate with yur breverin.

One nice rig man!I got my KMW 338LM build on a M2008 Gen2 CIP comin in a few weeks.You cant beat those KMW Stocks.Terry Cross is the Man!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney88PDC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok well here is a teaser and a little back ground.

I have shot the gun on 3 different occasions. First load was 41.5 grains just for a starting point and zero the gun. The second trip was 4 different charge weights 41.0, 41.5, 42.0 and 42.5. I loaded 5 of each for testing and an additional 20 rds of the 41.5 to play with a little further out. I did my accuracy testing first and the 41.5gr shot the WORST of the 4 loads and murphys law that is what I had the most of. Well after doing my accuracy testing close we started at 600 then went to 700, 800, 900, and 1000. I was only shooting a few rounds at each distance to conserve ammo because I only had 20 rounds extra of the 41.5gr load.

Now this is hardly a group (and one could call it luck and I might have to agree with you) with only 2 shots but I fried twice at 800. Again wanting to keep ammo for 900 and 1000. Here is a pic of the target. The target is 18"W x 30" T

dq1955.jpg

This is a pic of the second third and fourth shot out of the rifle period. No load work.

sd1gkz.jpg
</div></div>

It is clear that the rifle is no good. You would think with that set up it could hit that orange dot.
Sorry to see it is off. I guess I could offer you $40.00 for it even though my high is $35.00 for rifle that can't it, but since it is a nice scope my offer stands $40.00.
smile.gif

that stock is beautiful. Scratch that, that rifle is beautiful.

dang it...... I was just talking to my cousin about a .260 build. Now this pops up...... You folks are going to be my excuse when the divorce lawyer issues a summons, then my cousin gets all of the builds after my wife tries to use them..... on me! NICE rig!