• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bulk military components.

I am Barabbas

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2017
Hello. I’m looking at a little more volume loading to get my son into shooting the AR. Where are you guys finding the best pull down or surplus prices for powder and projectiles. He will also be helping with the reloading process so a win win for a new shooter.

What makes you want military components?

I like shooters pro shop for nosler blems, they are the best prices on bullets Ive found if they have what you want when you need it. http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosler-products/nosler-blemished-2nds/nosler-blemished-bullets.html

For most things though the best deal isnt at just one place, its whoever has the best deal right now. Powder Valley is a day in day out contender though.

For the best price you can buy bulk 223 for about as cheap as you can load it, 27 cents or so at the bottom.
Youll create a better product by loading your self but if blasting mag dumps at 100 yards I wouldnt waste my time loading it all myself. If you dont care about a better product then you can find some cheap 55 fmj or soft point bullets for 9 cents per, a primer is 4 cents, 9 cents for powder. Brings that to 22 cents per without factoring brass. Just not worth it unless you rally care about where that bullet goes. And if you care about where the bullet goes then I would use a better bullet which could double your cost right here alone.

Loading bulk 27 cent 223 is not worth it if thats all youll be doing, loading good 223 is worth it when you compare it to the match ammo which is closer to 70-100 cents per round.

Last edited:
I’ve bought from here, great service.

You can also try:

Mike

To echo above sentiments: reloading plinking grade isn't worth your time. I did a bunch of 7.62 and I'm not really sure if that's worth it either.

Thanks for the links. I,have a ton of brass. I Checked at GI brass and can load plinkers for 17 cents per round. Nice thing is to spend quality time with my son and teach him reloading skills. Save a little money an make a bond with my son stronger. Win win.

Be sure to pick as much of your brass and others during your range sessions to lessen you reloading cost. You’ll be surprised how much brass you’ll pick up each time.

Let’s say .08 per bullet bulk 1000 pack
.030 per primer per 1000 pack
.09-.11per Powder charge per lb
There is 7000 gr per lb divided
By Charge you’ll get how many
Estimate Rounds per lb.
Free range Brass
= .20 per round for plinking
Of course cost will very with different bullets you use. That is the major cost there.

Spending time with your son PRICELESS!