• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Bulk subsonic 22lr

plinkin

Mall Ninja
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
florida
Just wondering what everyone does for subsonic 22 and if theres a bulk option somewhere. I looked around and could really find anything of interest. Thanks

I don't have a rifle that shoots that CCI SV with any kind of acceptable precision.
If it won't hold a group it's too frustrating for me to shoot.
I find the Gemtech shoots a lot straighter..., but it is on backorder. $480 for 5000ct. Pretty good for target capable subs.

The Eley subs are good too. They're 'spensive and almost always in stock.

Wow. Shit is scarce out there. I've never really considered myself a "hoarder", but for the last five years I find myself keeping way more .22s on hand than I ever would have before, but that's also because I pretty much only shoot the good shit now, so when I see it at the LGS or at Graffs I buy a brick.

Mostly Ten-X, Eley, and Gemtech. Those three just seem to shoot much straighter across my .22s.

I buy the eley outlaw 42gr from Killough Shooting Sports, it's $4.25 per box, and I get a couple thousand at a time. They shoot fantastic out of my cz457 and t1x.

Reactions: DIBBS
OP, are you shooting a rifle or pistol?

If a pistol, many standard velocity loads will stay subsonic.

If a rifle, yeah, what everyone else said!

OP, are you shooting a rifle or pistol?

If a pistol, many standard velocity loads will stay subsonic.

If a rifle, yeah, what everyone else said!

Standard velocity is sub sonic.
Edit: in most 16 inch barrels.

In some weather conditions some brands will crack.

Last edited:
Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Thanks for the replies I'm glad this opened up the way it did I though this may not be appropriate for the suppressors forum. I'm shooting both at the moment, I just picked up my oculus yesterday so I'm trying to figure what I can bulk buy and stay quiet in both it would be a bonus if it was accurate as well. The pistol I'm shooting is a mp 22 compact and the bulk stuff I have which lists velocity at 1250 ish is quiet through the pistol, pretty much everything I shoot is quiet I can tell a difference between subsonic listed ammo and the other bulk stuff I have, the rifle is a savage tr or something like that, the bulk stuff definitely has a crack to it, the subs shoot quiet. I don't believe I've accuracy tested them so we'll see, I believe the most accurate stuff I've shot is eley branded I don't think it was match though. I'm ready to stock up on some, it's too easy to go out in the backyard and shoot a clip, thump,thump,thump that's all it does.

SK Magazine for the rifle, CCI SV for the pistol.

The Vudoo really hates CCI, you end up closing and lifting the bolt like you’re shooting Bubba’s reloads.

I think you'll really like the Oculus. I have a bunch of rimfire suppressors and the Oculus is my favorite.

I also agree that the CCI SV isn't made to fit the Vudoo chambers. It shoots fairly well, but it doesn't like to extract after it's been chambered and doesn't like to allow the bolt to close for the same reason. It works pretty well in a few other rifles I have though, including a 77/22 with a good barrel, a Kimber 82 and an accurized 10/22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuby642
I love it so far, the one thing I look back on and wonder is if I should've got a monocore design like the sparrow for ease of disassembly and cleaning.
Its also fairly heavy but not do to bad overall I really likeit. I also picked up my surge as wel it seems very well built i like it aswell I haven't got to shoot it yet though. It will be on a precision bolt gun until I build a sbr.

I'm think about selling the savage and getting a 457 pro varmint, I got the wants for it.

I think the Oculus is around an oz heavier than the lightest rimfire can I have. Of course I don't have any aluminum cans. Nor do I want one. I'm not a big fan of cleaning the mono core cans, but some people like them more.

When you take it apart and see how much more robust the baffles are than most of the others out there, you'll be happy for the 1oz compromise. I could let you shoot my Optimus micro and then you'd think the Oculus was crazy light. I usually am running the Optimus micro on something center fire though and it's pretty light for that.

You're right lol, I looked up the sparrow and expected it to be alot lighter its actually heavier. I suppose I wasn't expecting it to be as heavy.