• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullet buying Question.

crawler97

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
MO - Missouri
When buying bullets in larger quantities is their one place better than the other? for getting more consistent and better quality bullets. Like powder valley,midway,etc.

Re: Bullet buying Question.

Bullets from any particular manufacturer are the same, regardless of the source you buy them from.

It should be pretty easy to figure out who sells them for the best price, including shipping, the quality will be the same.

TC

just buy as many as you can at a time, so you dont have to worry about differences between lot numbers

grafs has some pretty damn good prices, especially if you have the curio and relic discount.

i just ordered some 178 hornady BTHP for $25 per 100. not sure what shipping cost yet, but i know its still gonna be a good deal

Depends what you mean by large quantities. Sierra will drop ship but the minimums are beyond what most individuals would purchase. If you belong to a club or a group of shooters you can combine an order to meet the minimums and the prices are usually pretty good.

You got the right idea, save and buy in bulk. Last year powdervalley had a sale right around tax time or Memorial Day. I bought up bullets and powder at prices I have not seen since the late 90’s.

I rarely buy bullets from midway unless they are on sale otherwise (and this goes for just about everything they sell) they are 10%-12% high than everyone else but Cabelas. Heck, even when stuff is on sale, clearance or using codes it usually cheaper elsewhere by a % or two.

me and 2 of my highpower buddies go in on a drop ship order from ok weber. the $1000 dollar minimum is easy with 3 guys

ok weber seems to have good prices!!! Thanks aloreman!

Thank you for the info I will looking in on trying to get some of my buddies to do some group buys.

you also get a percentage off that price with an order of a grand or more and it ship free