• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BBURCH

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
South Caroilna
I have a S&W M&P 40 compact, I am shooting a Hornady XPS 155gn HP for my concealed carry. I have done some jug test(milk jug full of ripped, wet newspaper), I havent really gotten good expansion on impact like I am looking for.

Any thoughts on a different bullet?

Re: Bullets

Hornady XTP?

Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Silver Tip have both performed well for me. The XTP was very good, though I haven't tried the XPS. Is that the cheaper HP that they make?

as long as your pistol is 100% reliable with any ammo and you make good hits with it, in a 40 cal, the bullet doesn't really matter, call your local LEO, ask what they care and use the same. Much easier to explain in court if you have too.
cheers.

Balance is what you want. Too much expansion usually results in too little penetration. Go to Buffalo Bore Bullet's website and read the articles on why you want complete penetration.