• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bullshit of the highest level.

The whole issue is that he is not home taking care of the child so why is she directed to stay with him. I went through child custody when I was on active duty and for the average person, the one on active duty will always lose custody unless the mother does not want the child or they can PROVE the ex-spouse unfit as they have the ability of being deployed for 6-15 months or more at a time. I had to attend a family hearing at family court services (these are the counselors that interview you and make recommendations to a judge on best option for the child) right after I got home from a deployment. I was asked questions like "in the last 6 months how many times have you given the child a bath?" or "in the last 6 months how many times have you cooked meals for the child or read to the child" and of course all of my answers are zero because I was deployed for 9 months. Court system is rigged and getting an attorney to fight for custody is almost worthless and a waste of money for active duty fathers.

I say the day the SHTF we drag judges like this out the house and let fate take its course!!! Crooked pigs as well for enforcing this type of shit!!! This is whats wrong with the system. The crooks within it!!!

But the Michigan judge hearing the case, circuit court judge Margaret Noe, disagrees,

Gotta wonder if that is a contributing factor...or maybe she dislikes military members. Regardless of what anyone may claim, no one is absolutely objective in all situations.

Unless the other parent is not suitable as a parent, why woulda family court judge grant custody to a parent who won't be there because they will be deployed? There are enough "absentee" parents who don't deploy, I don't see a judge ever granting custody to someone they know for a fact won't be there a lot unless the other parent is absolutely not suitable. It's not rigged, it's just common sense.

A military career is tough on children and you can be a better dad if you are doing something else. That's a fact, and the main reason I left. Unless you are in some remf non deplorable mos your family is taking a hit no ifs ands or buts about it. Deployments and 12 hr workdays are terrible for kids and there is no way around that fact no matter how much we try to justify ourselves or the importance of our missions. Our nation needs us to do that work, but it absolutely comes at the expense of our children and family.

As a fighter pilot I gave my job everything and my family by definition had to come second, I didn't even have a choice in the matter if I was going to do right by my wingmen and the guys I was trying to protect, it's just that demanding. It's not just about deployments, even when I was home I'd often go 3-4 days without seeing my kids awake because they were asleep when I went to work and asleep when I got home. Often when I was home I was working or mission planning in my head etc etc.

After ten years of that, I realized I was not a good dad or husband despite the fact I loved my kids as much as any dad possibly could. Nothing we do to mitigate our job demands can ever replace our time. There is no way around that. We don't have our children for long, and once they are gone and out of your house you aren't going to get that time back. So I made the decision that I had given Uncle Sam my best for the first half of my children's lives and I would try and give my family my best the second half before it was too late. Guess what, my unit survives without me, but no one will ever be able to fill your shoes as dad like you can.

The public has no idea what their freedom and protection has cost the families of military members. Only you can decide when they have given enough. It is a zero sum game, and those winning are the ones you are with at that time. It really is that simple.

Unless the other parent is not suitable as a parent, why woulda family court judge grant custody to a parent who won't be there because they will be deployed? There are enough "absentee" parents who don't deploy, I don't see a judge ever granting custody to someone they know for a fact won't be there a lot unless the other parent is absolutely not suitable. It's not rigged, it's just common sense.

A military career is tough on children and you can be a better dad if you are doing something else. That's a fact, and the main reason I left. Unless you are in some remf non deplorable mos your family is taking a hit no ifs ands or buts about it. Deployments and 12 hr workdays are terrible for kids and there is no way around that fact no matter how much we try to justify ourselves or the importance of our missions. Our nation needs us to do that work, but it absolutely comes at the expense of our children and family.

As a fighter pilot I gave my job everything and my family by definition had to come second, I didn't even have a choice in the matter if I was going to do right by my wingmen and the guys I was trying to protect, it's just that demanding. It's not just about deployments, even when I was home I'd often go 3-4 days without seeing my kids awake because they were asleep when I went to work and asleep when I got home. Often when I was home I was working or mission planning in my head etc etc.

After ten years of that, I realized I was not a good dad or husband despite the fact I loved my kids as much as any dad possibly could. Nothing we do to mitigate our job demands can ever replace our time. There is no way around that. We don't have our children for long, and once they are gone and out of your house you aren't going to get that time back. So I made the decision that I had given Uncle Sam my best for the first half of my children's lives and I would try and give my family my best the second half before it was too late. Guess what, my unit survives without me, but no one will ever be able to fill your shoes as dad like you can.

The public has no idea what their freedom and protection has cost the families of military members. Only you can decide when they have given enough. It is a zero sum game, and those winning are the ones you are with at that time. It really is that simple.

Truth

I don't see a judge ever granting custody to someone they know for a fact won't be there a lot unless the other parent is absolutely not suitable.

True enough. But why the contempt threat? I realize many judges feel they are not bound by law, but why not award temporary custody to the mother (provided she is fit (of course, the definition of fit is not what it was)). The hearing could be postponed until dad returns...but that's just common sense, IMO.

Correct, through and through!!!!!!!!
True enough. But why the contempt threat? I realize many judges feel they are not bound by law, but why not award temporary custody to the mother (provided she is fit (of course, the definition of fit is not what it was)). The hearing could be postponed until dad returns...but that's just common sense, IMO.

Yeah the contempt threat is stupid. But then, most of what .Gov does these days is stupid. If he is held in contempt he should just write the judge and tell them he will turn himself in whenever Eric Holder does since the AG has been held in contempt since last year. "What difference does it make" as there is no law anymore.

This sounds like the usual shit I've experienced with a judge. We count on a system to keep them in check, yet they are part of that system. It being equal to asking a person to put their own feet to the fire.

R

If the article is anywhere accurate, CPS removed the child from the mother's house (why? was this legitimate, or CPS creating a problem from an assumption?). The child is now living with father and step-mother, so when dad is deployed, step-mother is still around taking care of her. Ok, well the current arrangement seems fine to me if everything is above board and step-mom can do the job.

Now for this part:

The judge reiterated that regardless of Hindes’ assignment under the Pacific Ocean, he will appear in court or face contempt of court.
WTF? Seriously? Regardless of the fact that you literally cannot be found, under hundreds of feet of water thousands of miles away...

Judge Noe denied the motion for a stay under the Service Members Relief Act, ruling that he could have arranged for his wife to bring the child to her mother, saying, “At this point, I don’t think I have any alternative but to enter a bench warrant for his arrest,” Noe said.
What is a bench warrant? Does this mean it's just for show and not really enforceable? Lady, if you think you can personally track down a US Navy nuclear sub, Russia would really like to have a word with you 30 years ago...

I don't care if it's physically impossible, and even attempting would jeopardize your mission and national security, (in my best Eric Cartman voice) you will respect my authoritah!

Last edited:
Hopefully the follow up story includes the terms impeachment and disbarred!

Yep.. bullshit is the right word for this situation. I can't believe the way some of these people act. I hope the judge is proud when he thinks of this man possibly losing his child.